Am I the only beeraholic on this forum?

Ralphie

I like Java Head.  I'm cutting back on beer right now as well as coffee.  I'm going to try to improve my cholesterol numbers, mostly trying to get my HDL numbers higher.  Everybody seems to be taking statins and I'd like to stay away from them if I can.  I did have a Buck Snort Stout with lunch today, a local craft beer. This is my second week without a cup of coffee.

I think Master of the Universe lives under a rock.  Drinks good beer but lives under a rock.  This forum? Really?  A lot of educated conner-sworers of good beer live here.  I hope to share a glass with each and everyone of you one day (Except Couch, him, I'll smoke a good cigar with).

• Hugs 1

I had a few sips of a Budweiser when I was a teenager.  I found it repulsive and I've never tried beer since.

I'm sure I told this story (and probably more than once :rolleyes: ) on that "other" forum.... when I was a kid my dad would give me sips of his beer, Genesee Cream Ale.  I think letting me try something so nasty was his way of keeping me away from drinking - and it worked.  Till I went to college and discovered that "hey, not all beer tastes like fermented moose piss".

I had a few sips of a Budweiser when I was a teenager.  I found it repulsive and I've never tried beer since.

I never really understood why people drink beer.

If you want something to drink and you do not want to get a buzz on, there are a buttload of beverages that taste a whole lot better than beer.

OTH, If you want something to drink and you do want to get a buzz on, there are a buttload of beverages that taste a whole lot better than beer.

I never really understood why people drink beer.

If you want something to drink and you do not want to get a buzz on, there are a buttload of beverages that taste a whole lot better than beer.

OTH, If you want something to drink and you do want to get a buzz on, there are a buttload of beverages that taste a whole lot better than beer.

I find your comments disturbing.  A good beer tastes good.  Don't blame me for your defective taste buds.  I feel sorry for you that you could not taste the graininess and yeast notes of a hefeweizen.  The fruity sweetness of a Belgian Abbey Ale or the roasted chocolate in a well-made porter or stout.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I find your comments disturbing.  A good beer tastes good.  Don't blame me for your defective taste buds.  I feel sorry for you that you could not taste the graininess and yeast notes of a hefeweizen.  The fruity sweetness of a Belgian Abbey Ale or the roasted chocolate in a well-made porter or stout.

:2:

• Heart 1

I think Master of the Universe lives under a rock.  Drinks good beer but lives under a rock.  This forum? Really?  A lot of educated conner-sworers of good beer live here.  I hope to share a glass with each and everyone of you one day (Except Couch, him, I'll smoke a good cigar with).

I was mostly commenting that the other forum has far more beer posts. :)

• Heart 1