The Gyms Are Empty, So Where Do People Go?

Razors Edge

Some of the major bike routes in Vancouver are clocking in over 3,000 cyclists at the bike counters each day this wk. ( according to dearie..)

However in the summer....this can climb to 4,000 cyclists daily in past few yrs. My preference is always go earlier in day. Early morning is lovely and beautiful, quiet. A lot less cyclists and joggers.

Even in Vancouver, there is ample space around you. You just have to know which routes. The harder part is using public washrooms...then to exercise hygiene habits.

Let's see.  The 'Y' closed until who knows when.  The beaches have been closed off.  Curfew from 11:00PM to 7:00AM.  You can get takeouts until 2:45AM at one bar/restaurant.  No public consumption of alcohol (cups or cans included)/   Some say it was to curb the spring break crowd.  Needless to say the island looks all but deserted, so biking is a lot safer right now than anything else, apparently.  I do have s set of dumbbells that I could do some basic lifting with, if I get the urge.  And the island IGA still has stocked shelves and plenty of PBR on hand.  ;-)

• Heart 2

The two gyms (weights and treadmills) in the luxury complex I moved into on Mar. 10 have been closed.  There's a huge outdoor swimming pool I hope I'll be able to use this summer.  I was thinking of walking Jake in a park on Tuesday (finally dry weather and 57°) but the ground is too wet.  The end of this week and all of next week look good - mostly dry and highs around 60°.