A little perspective for you.

donkpow

At the grocery, locking up my bike. In rolls the old Army guy who spent most of his career in Europe and loved every minute of it. During his tours, he picked up a love of cycling and continues to ride to this day. I suspect he is in his eighties and he rides an old 3 spd Schwinn with lots of sheet metal. We speak briefly when we see each other at the grocery. When he rolled up, I asked him,"You here for the toilet paper?" He says, "I'll take that." I said, "I bet you would." Meaning my toilet paper. He says, "Your cart." (Chuckle) He then says,"This is what we come to after a life of working for it. My wife survived the bombing in Europe during WWII." See you next time.

• Heart 4

On one hand, we're being a bit snowflakey in comparison.  No food or gas rations, no rubber drives, no family unheard from on the front lines for months.  WE have to stand 6 feet apart while grocery shopping and have to watch movies at home.

OTOH, this is an invisible enemy.  Does that guy over there have it?  Does my wife have it?

• Heart 1