SPOILER - Stage 11

TrentonMakes

Saw the explanation that he woke with a sore back - 

then I saw that he's abandoned.  :(

Now I see that Robbie Hunter has talked him back onto the bike!

wotta race.

The online newsflashes said that "the race has entered its lumpy phase".  :D

Agreed.  It must be really hard to make a rational decision on whether or not to continue while your back is aching, the peloton is slipping away from you and you've ridden well short of expectations.  Once he finishes he will be happy he stuck with it.

I forget what the time cut criteria is - 10% of the winner's time?  (oh - I see it's much more complicated than that)

• Heart 1

It does seem that GS could have sent at least one rider back to help him.   :(

I guess I'm hoping the explanation is that Talansky knew he wasn't going to compete on the day and told Robbie H. that he didn't want extra effort expended for him.  If the Powers That Be simply chose not to support him - that seems too harsh to be believable.

I guess I'm hoping the explanation is that Talansky knew he wasn't going to compete on the day and told Robbie H. that he didn't want extra effort expended for him.

It sounds like this is what happened. I think he's hit the pavement a half dozen times in the first 10 days.

I've had many of those wrecks where you get up and keep riding, but to have it happen day after day has to be tough.