Michigan is closed

bikeman564™

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I have no idea as of yet, but we're not an essential (new buzz word) company

So no remote work options?  Too much hands-on stuff?

Seems like, you may be able to rejigger to be part of the move to health stuff - maybe some piece of the ventilator pipeline?

Just now, Razors Edge said:

So no remote work options?  To much hand on stuff?

Seems like, you may be able to rejigger to be part of the move to health stuff - maybe some piece of the ventilator pipeline?

Home work is technically possible, but honestly there isn't a ton of crap to do w/ the entire company shut down, let a lone the state. What I need to do can wait.

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

no, I hate mowing lawns. I like shoveling snew, but hate cutting grass. Thank you though.

We’re supposed to get 3-5” today. I have a 700’ driveway. I could keep you employed for a couple days. Bring your own shovel🙂

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

The state closure is for at least 3 weeks (thru Apr 13). Not sure what's going on yet.

Well, that is the state, your company could still pay you (or lay off everyone so they can get unemployment).  Sounds like you still have a job, so I feel at least a little relieved!

Just now, Randomguy said:

Well, that is the state, your company could still pay you (or lay off everyone so they can get unemployment).  Sounds like you still have a job, so I feel at least a little relieved!

True.  I bet lay off, or if I can use some vacation time, that may be another option.

Sorry BikeMan.  We are still open.  Much of our work has been done remotely before and last week we made it an issue with our developers.  IT is an Essential Business according to the powers that be but it has to be in support of other Essential Businesses.  Last week became a new normal for us and for now it's pretty much the same.  This will change I'm sure.

Get my brother's State Roads warehouse management job.

He gets paid the 2-4 days/week he's told in advance not to go into work now.

He gets paid double time if he has to go into work!

When his last job closed down a decade ago, he had a few job offers and this one paid the least.

I pointed out to him, as a retired public school teacher, that the no-layoffs job, the benefits including state pension with low-cost health insurance, etc. financially outweighed the higher pay in the other job offers.  He's recouping part of the difference now!

Here's a shocker. Our company president just said we're currently "business as usual" because we're a critical supplier, and some of our customers are critical. For instance we make HUMVEE parts, and refrigeration parts. Again, this is a day-by-day thing but it's good for today and tomorrow :unsure: We'll be getting our "papers" should we get pulled over :blink:

The good news is, the reason the bill didn't get passed last night is because they are trying to shift the focus from giving relief to companies in favor of giving unemployment relief to people.  So there should be help available to you.  Though it will take a few weeks to get it.

Our CEO seems to think we're essential, because we sell to retailers.  Not sure our governor agrees.  The email form our division manager said work from home.  In a status meeting now, my boss is telling us who needs to be in the office, and if anyone else needs to come in tell one of them to stay home - so if the cops come by they won't see too many cars in the lot.

35 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Here's a shocker. Our company president just said we're currently "business as usual" because we're a critical supplier, and some of our customers are critical. For instance we make HUMVEE parts, and refrigeration parts. Again, this is a day-by-day thing but it's good for today and tomorrow :unsure: We'll be getting our "papers" should we get pulled over :blink:

That's great to hear.  So your not coming over to shovel then.

Our direction has changed numerous times in the last week, sometimes within the same call. When our Regional Director said he would leave decisions to the office supervisors, I told my guys to stay home this week. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Zackny said:

Our direction has changed numerous times in the last week, sometimes within the same call. When our Regional Director said he would leave decisions to the office supervisors, I told my guys to stay home this week. 

I'm not taking this as all is okay, because it's not. But I'll take what I can get.

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I'm not taking this as all is okay, because it's not. But I'll take what I can get.

At this point that is about all we can all do. 

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

That's good news. I've been working from home since last Wednesday. Our company is essential, as we do business with the FDA and CDC, just not in the group I work in. But, I have my papers for travel to work , if needed.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, shotgun said:

That's good news. I've been working from home since last Wednesday. Our company is essential, as we do business with the FDA and CDC, just not in the group I work in. But, I have my papers for travel to work , if needed.

👍 Per the Governor's order, we have until March 31st to get our papers. Now my company is getting letters to some of our suppliers to keep us going legally.