The mute button is underrated

Parsnip Totin Jack

Just now, Old#7 said:

I'm in day one of new job training. Since it's shelter in place kind of, we are doing a training class on WebEx. I love the fact I have a mute button. I don't have to wear pants either so that's good. 

I use mute all the time. I like in a meeting that I control, I can mute all participants.  I don't want to hear your dogs, kids, trash trucks, loud breathing, farts, creaking desk chair, whatever. 

Common courtesy (lacking in most!) dictates staying on mute except when speaking. Very simple thing to grasp, but clearly not everyone is wise to it.

17 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

I'm in day one of new job training. Since it's shelter in place kind of, we are doing a training class on WebEx. I love the fact I have a mute button. I don't have to wear pants either so that's good. 

Whenever I"m on a conference call, I have the phone on mute when not talking. Even if I'm at home at 9 PM in my undies :) The thing I don't like aboot speaker phones is their one-way. So if someone clears their throat or a noise is heard in the room it cuts oot the talker. When we have conference calls at night, there could be several call ins :blink: