Winning big lottery is useless, to spend money on what? When can't travel, have parties

shootingstar

13 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I guess you could rip around in an expensive sports car...well, who gives a poop to even look at your car anymore?  Yea, a couple of beautiful bikes only for you to enjoy the smooth, light agility, etc. 

Wait, are you saying you won a big lottery????

• Haha 1

A $65 million lottery could do so many things right now. I could help out friends in the restaurant/food service industry who are really hurting. I could make sure my family has a financial buffer. I would not be exposed to the public as I am now. I could help people facing a financial burden from testing and illness. I could be a really great guy and still have wealth for when this passes. 

• Awesome 3

16 minutes ago, groupw said:

A $65 million lottery could do so many things right now. I could help out friends in the restaurant/food service industry who are really hurting. I could make sure my family has a financial buffer. I would not be exposed to the public as I am now. I could help people facing a financial burden from testing and illness. I could be a really great guy and still have wealth for when this passes. 

Helping some small businesses...is a great idea after doing the financial buffer for loved ones.

Buy some medical equipment for hospitals...

Not the lottery but I have an odd dilemma in that I got a fat bonus just as all this hit.  I plunked down close to $500 on bike parts the Friday before all the closures started happening.  I’m not 100% certain I’ll get those parts as I’m not sure the shop will reopen after this...

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

:D  Wanna share?  Straw dream.

Imagine winning $65 million and you're going to die in a few wks... ? 

My kids, animal shelters, and animal advocacy groups would get my money if I only had two weeks. I don't want to die, but I would love knowing I helped them out.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I guess you could rip around in an expensive sports car...well, who gives a poop to even look at your car anymore?  Yea, a couple of beautiful bikes only for you to enjoy the smooth, light agility, etc. 

This crisis will pass.  And then you could spend your fortune on fun or accomplishment or however you'd like.

46 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

This crisis will pass.  And then you could spend your fortune on fun or accomplishment or however you'd like.

YOu know the Canadian tax system is such that, having way too much money near end of life, you end paying more tax to govn't.  A time where sure, nursing home gets the cut, but one could have used surplus at start of retirement to enjoy while still healthy.  well, if we all recover hale and hearty.