Post a pic of your current home office.

jsharr

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Well, no.  It would include my bike in the living room.  

I would choose my bedroom as an office....as last resort.  

Two kids, four dogs including two noisy foster puppies, one wife and an open floor plan living area.  Bedroom is only quiet room I have

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Two kids, four dogs including two noisy foster puppies, one wife and an open floor plan living area.  Bedroom is onky quiet room I have

We (as in WoKzoo) moved stuff around a few months and eliminated my home office area (without asking first - and yes it's still a sore spot).  So I just did most if not all of my work from home at a local coffee shop.  That went away a couple weeks ago with no sit-down areas. 

BUT the important follow-up question is............... What kind of coffee do you have in that coffee cup.

• Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

We (as in WoKzoo) moved stuff around a few months and eliminated my home office area (without asking first - and yes it's still a sore spot).  So I just did most if not all of my work from home at a local coffee shop.  That went away a couple weeks ago with no sit-down areas. 

BUT the important follow-up question is............... What kind of coffee do you have in that coffee cup.

I used to have my docking station and second monitor set up on dining table.  Came home to find a jumble of cords shoved into and antigue writing desk.  My keyboard was broken.  She of course has a huge roll top desk in the sun room that is used to stack unopened mail on.

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I used to have my docking station and second monitor set up on dining table.  Came home to find a jumble of cords shoved into and antigue writing desk.  My keyboard was broken.  She of course has a huge roll top desk in the sun room that is used to stack unopened mail on.

I can relate.  NOW answer the coffee question.

We have a home office.  Stand-alone desk and a separate computer desk.  There resides the desktop with the large monitor and good speakers, etc..  It is the "home" computer.  As my wife's business has ramped up, it has become HER home office. (for tax purposes as well)  I generally only work from home 2 days a week and use my company laptop, so I am wanderer.  During this WFH period, I have set up another external monitor and keyboard in the dining room area and that's my "office" for the next few weeks.  Otherwise, I would be in the living room or at the kitchen table or wherever I landed.  I could use the library upstairs, but the light is better on the south side of the house.  Maybe if this lasts into summer, the library becomes my new office area.

In 2 cities, I sit right beside dearie... So crapload of technology for 2 computers, across 1 long table and pile of wiring string up..sort of safely.

Then, sometimes a laptop (3rd machine) has to end up on wheelable table or dining table plugged elsewhere.  

However, we each work for long hrs. without talking to each other. We're pretty focused individuals when it comes to work.

I dunno, if you guys can have your wife beside each on their own computer. We also have nothing to hide from one another, re where we surf, etc.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

You're lucky to have a high cube divider.  I have medium height, not as high.  Newer office furniture in our organization, it's very low cubicle wall.  It would drive me nuts.

We had our office remodeled a few years ago. Are cubicle walls are actually walls w/ drywall & studs. Kinda nice, because power, phone & ethernet routing is all in the walls.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

You're lucky to have a high cube divider.  I have medium height, not as high.  Newer office furniture in our organization, it's very low cubicle wall.  It would drive me nuts.

I have my own private office on glass overlooking a pond and fountain.  

• Envious 2

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Brought the PC home last night from the office, as it has all my shortcuts and bookmarks and everything on it and I do not like working for long periods on my laptop.  Setup a folding table in a corner of the bedroom and I will be spending a few hours a day here.   Cannot see need to be here 8 hours a day, but we will see.

Figuring out printing and scanning may be fun.  Probably going to need to buy a multi function machine for the house.  

15850577898717336295793972081378.jpg

How much scanning do you have to do? I have a Scansnap 500ix in the office and a Scansnap 1300i in my Office-in-a-box in the truck. Slick machines.

BTW, what the heck kind of keyboard is that?

8 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I dunno, if you guys can have your wife beside each on their own computer. We also have nothing to hide from one another, re where we surf, etc.

We have a home office but it is my wifes main office as often her work is run from home.  There is not enough room for both of us there and both our jobs often require long phone calls.  The odd time I have worked from home, if she is working too I work at the kitchen table to keep the cross talk from simultaneous phone calls to a minimum. 

Surfing is not an issue, my laptop is a work computer so this place is about as daring a place I am willing to venture.  Home surfing is done on a tablet usually while sittng next to her on the couch

Mrs has been working from home using a folding table in one of the spare bedrooms. She has her printer/scanner set up on the dresser. Our internet is so slow, we ran a wire from the wireless in the kitchen to speed it up. She has a home office set up down stairs, but with her new allergies and all the dust down there..... :(

We're thinking about bringing the desk up and storing the bed down stairs until she goes back to the office.  

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

How much scanning do you have to do? I have a Scansnap 500ix in the office and a Scansnap 1300i in my Office-in-a-box in the truck. Slick machines.

BTW, what the heck kind of keyboard is that?

Not too much really.  Most invoices come electronically.  Will still have to get mail weekly and may need to scan in some invoices.  At work have a Konica copier/scanner/printer that does all that for me very fast.  

The keyboard is a Logitech K840 mechanical.  I do not like the feel of the cheap keyboards that come with most PC's.  The mouse is Logitech G502.  Nice feel, very precise.  It is a gaming mouse with programmable buttons that I have no idea how to use.  The scroll wheel is big and solid and precise and can be set to ratchet or free scroll.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, team scooter said:

Mrs has been working from home using a folding table in one of the spare bedrooms. She has her printer/scanner set up on the dresser. Our internet is so slow, we ran a wire from the wireless in the kitchen to speed it up. She has a home office set up down stairs, but with her new allergies and all the dust down there..... :(

We're thinking about bringing the desk up and storing the bed down stairs until she goes back to the office.  

I have a plug into the wall wifi extender that has an ethernet port on it.  I am getting 300 Mbps on wifi, so no need to use it, but it might be an option for you.

• Heart 1

@Old#7 that’s my kind of home office. Office with a view. I wish I had brought home one if the pc computers with InDesign and PhotoShop so I could do some design work. I’m content with just getting caught up on grades and reading, though. This room used to house both my desk and my weights and bench. But I sold off the home gym and replaced it with a sleeper loveseat so we have more sleeping space for grandchildren. 

1C83C48B-B731-4483-BFD3-50B0E7411700.jpeg

• Heart 3

Last room to do downstairs, still haven't decided how for sure how I want redo it.

The desk I made from old barn wood from an old barn of my inlaws, wood all sanded and planed, but no more than necessary to keep the old character and wormholes so you can still see the old hand planing on the edges.

2020-03-24.thumb.jpg.062403a71056746b7284228d4752c64a.jpg

• Heart 3

Wife has worked from home for the past couple years, she has a nice new desk setup in the living room because she wanted to be in front of the big window overlooking the backyard and pool.

68654784_2020-03-24(1).thumb.jpg.c126d221f35e0aad64581c3a1236cf4f.jpg

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Last room to do downstairs, still haven't decided how for sure how I want redo it.

The desk I made from old barn wood from an old barn of my inlaws, wood all sanded and planed, but no more than necessary to keep the old character and wormholes so you can still see the old hand planing on the edges.

2020-03-24.thumb.jpg.062403a71056746b7284228d4752c64a.jpg

What kind of dog?  Looks very happy.  Brown dogs make the best dogs

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, roadsue said:

@Old#7 that’s my kind of home office. Office with a view. I wish I had brought home one if the pc computers with InDesign and PhotoShop so I could do some design work. I’m content with just getting caught up on grades and reading, though. This room used to house both my desk and my weights and bench. But I sold off the home gym and replaced it with a sleeper loveseat so we have more sleeping space for grandchildren. 

1C83C48B-B731-4483-BFD3-50B0E7411700.jpeg

Can you go get one?  Seems essential to me.