Post a pic of your current home office.

jsharr

On 3/24/2020 at 12:10 PM, roadsue said:

Why do you all need more than one monitor? 

More productivity. I can remote into a client's PC on one screen and look up the errors on the other. Or if a process is taking a long time, I can read the forum on the other!

• Heart 2

On 3/24/2020 at 1:17 PM, Randomguy said:

???

I have three when I am at work, and often wish I had 4.  On one laptop now, and it kinda sucks.

The junior partner has 4. He does use them all. I told him he needs another row on top because I can still see him when I walk into his office!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, groupw said:

The junior partner has 4. He does use them all. I told him he needs another row on top because I can still see him when I walk into his office!

three would be nice.  Sometimes I need to have bank, accounting and email open at same time and have to switch screens.  I could do split screen on one I guess.

My personal office is in the basement. We “Murphey’d” the guest bed in the spare bedroom so my work PC would fit. IP office phone is connected to the company system I will be helping the office with phone coverage over lunch as they are short staffed today. I didn’t bring up my office chair. It’s heavy and I didn’t feel like it. This chair has no padding so it’s a good reminder to step away from time to time. 

BCA6C806-EA8E-4DC2-B3BE-AE0C31F527B1.jpeg

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

three would be nice.  Sometimes I need to have bank, accounting and email open at same time and have to switch screens.  I could do split screen on one I guess.

Mine are big/close enough to do the split screen thing, especially with Explorer & Outlook.

1 hour ago, groupw said:

My personal office is in the basement. We “Murphey’d” the guest bed in the spare bedroom so my work PC would fit. IP office phone is connected to the company system I will be helping the office with phone coverage over lunch as they are short staffed today. I didn’t bring up my office chair. It’s heavy and I didn’t feel like it. This chair has no padding so it’s a good reminder to step away from time to time. 

BCA6C806-EA8E-4DC2-B3BE-AE0C31F527B1.jpeg

The cat is making due with a bag, instead of a box.  That made me smile.

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

The cat is making due with a bag, instead of a box.  That made me smile.

She only gets excited about shoeboxes. She would prefer to be on my lap, but she doesn't like this chair! She walked to both sides and even from the front and decided to stay on the floor!

Mrs is reluctant to move the bed out of her spare bedroom/home office. Just in case family needs to hunker down here during the pandemic. I'm just sorry we put a queen in there instead of a full. So this morning we spun the bed and pushed it into the corner. Then I took the bedside tables down and brought her office chair up from the basement. This made a little extra space, and Maggie can still lay on the bed and play with her squeaky toys. Mrs LOVES the squeaky toys while shes trying to work.... ;)

• Haha 2

On 3/27/2020 at 2:01 PM, 12string said:

sitting in plain view from my office chair, just calling out to me.  I must confess, I have not resisted as well as I should

IMG_20200327_155716271.jpg

Who lives on the other side of that small doorway? :dontknow:  I had a doorway into the space between the roofline and the flooring in my bedroom, too, while growing up. I used that little room for a playhouse, but my parents took it for storage eventually.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, roadsue said:

Who lives on the other side of that small doorway? :dontknow:  I had a doorway into the space between the roofline and the flooring in my bedroom, too, while growing up. I used that little room for a playhouse, but my parents took it for storage eventually.

It's actually a pretty large room.  It was the youngest daughter's room.  Then it became the yoga room.  When a friend moved in to the old guest bedroom and took my music room as part of her suite, I had to move guitars to the yoga room.  Now it looks like we;ll have 2 more boarders, so I may be relegated to basement music soon.

Redecorated the office.  I had to go to the lab yesterday, so I grabbed the Thunderbolt and a couple monitors so I could give one of my home ones to my wife.  So at least I have most of the screens on the same keyboard and mice.

Before you all get all "I can't believe you took monitors home", I just got an email form the boss complaining that one of the guys actually dismantled his entire desk and took it home.

IMG_20200401_143815449.jpg

• Haha 1