Parks are closed

dinneR

:(

But, hey, those bikes look like they have derailleurs. 

Covered this in Dottles thread:

Utah took some actions in early March, including closing schools for two weeks. By Monday, however, the top brass at 17-bed Moab Regional Hospital was extremely worried about the pandemic. They wrote a strongly-worded letter to Herbert. As many as 6,000 people from all over the country could be on their way. “Please. Do. More. Now,” they wrote, in boldface letters.

On Tuesday, the Southeast Utah Health Department did just that: the three-county health department closed all bars and restaurants (except for take-out orders) and prohibited all lodging—hotels, Airbnbs, campgrounds—from taking new guests who are not primary residents or essential visitors, among other actions. The order applies for 30 days.

It was bold. It was meant to be. Mayor Niehaus said officials are trying to send a message that Moab can’t accommodate people who think they can come there and practice ‘social distancing.’ The local hospital has just 17 beds, she said, and right now it is running so low on supplies that the local sewing community is stitching face masks. And there aren’t even any confirmed cases in the community, yet. What if a visitor arrived carrying the virus and spread it? she asked. Or, worse, had an accident—as people do, in Moab—and contaminated a bunch of people at the hospital? she said.

Moab is safer if you stay home, the mayor said. And you’re safer too, because there are likely more medical resources where you are. “This is not the time for vacation. And then, when this pandemic is over, I’ll see you in Moab.”

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

:(

But, hey, those bike look like they have derailleurs. 

Covered this in Dottles thread:

Utah took some actions in early March, including closing schools for two weeks. By Monday, however, the top brass at 17-bed Moab Regional Hospital was extremely worried about the pandemic. They wrote a strongly-worded letter to Herbert. As many as 6,000 people from all over the country could be on their way. “Please. Do. More. Now,” they wrote, in boldface letters.

On Tuesday, the Southeast Utah Health Department did just that: the three-county health department closed all bars and restaurants (except for take-out orders) and prohibited all lodging—hotels, Airbnbs, campgrounds—from taking new guests who are not primary residents or essential visitors, among other actions. The order applies for 30 days.

It was bold. It was meant to be. Mayor Niehaus said officials are trying to send a message that Moab can’t accommodate people who think they can come there and practice ‘social distancing.’ The local hospital has just 17 beds, she said, and right now it is running so low on supplies that the local sewing community is stitching face masks. And there aren’t even any confirmed cases in the community, yet. What if a visitor arrived carrying the virus and spread it? she asked. Or, worse, had an accident—as people do, in Moab—and contaminated a bunch of people at the hospital? she said.

Moab is safer if you stay home, the mayor said. And you’re safer too, because there are likely more medical resources where you are. “This is not the time for vacation. And then, when this pandemic is over, I’ll see you in Moab.”

But mine has a horizontal dropout so it is SS ready. 

I cancelled my UT bikepacking trip. Next year.

22 minutes ago, dennis said:

They closed both Yellowstone and GTNP. 

What are the odds they take the time to do a deep clean and all the backlog of repairs?

I can't remember the number - ~$12 billion? - but man it would be nice if that was added to the 1 to 2 trillion dollar stimulus package, eh?

• Haha 1

It seems some are sad that I cancelled the Chester A. Arthur Yellowstone ride, so I have rescheduled it for the fall. If a few of you commit to riding, we could triple the participation. I will wave the entry fee and buy the beer. It would be a great way to honor our 21st president. 
beer-2346689_f6053_sm.jpeg

Not surprised, I am on several camping FB pages and there has been a lot of discussion about how they were not charging and people planning on packing up the camper and heading that way to take advantage.

I hope they all closed right about time those idiots got there so they had to turn around and go home after driving the entire way.  I really need to leave most of those groups because of the amount of freaking idiots in them.  Seriously, how hard is it to comprehend the idea that you are supposed to STAY FUCKING HOME!!!

Of course the same ones also think you can't tow anything without a one ton dually regardless of what trucks are actually rated for, every accident is because their tow vehicle wasn't big enough, of course if someone post a picture of dually in a wreck, that was obviously caused by a car cutting them off or something.  Fucking idiots.

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Hey @Indy.  Here you need this.

image.png.a57c287d86592ce025b9c990bf690d22.png

Nah, just need to avoid stupid people.  Either they have come out in force because of the Covid 19 or my tolerance has completely worn down because of it.

Probably a bit of both.