Who was your favorite Stooge?

Square Wheels

Probably Shemp.

Very interesting story....I read a biography on them years ago. Curly really was nearly as dumb as he portrayed. Emil Sitka was the older guy that nearly always played the older guy role in many of their skits. Moe married his daughter. Larry really did play the violin. Moe/Shemp discovered him when he played with his mother/sister in a music act at the same place they were playing their vaudville (possibly when they were still with the jerk Ted Healey).

Was it any good?  If yes, what was it?

Apparently I don't have it anymore. I was going to offer to send it to you if you were interested.

This was the book (I had to search on Amazon) - The Three Stooges Scrapbook.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Scrapbook-Jeff-Lenburg/dp/0806508035/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1405532039

It looks like their may be an updated version.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Stooges-Scrapbook-Jeff-Lenburg/dp/0806509465/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405532156

Curly.  I don't care if he was dumb or not, KT.

I wasn't saying that necessarily as a 'bad' thing, just a 'thing'. He's most people's favorite. You know how he used to occasionally drop on the floor and use his feet to kick around in circles? That was something he did for a laugh when he forgot his lines. I don't think it was ever scripted.

Emil Sitka was the older guy that nearly always played the older guy role in many of their skits. Moe married his daughter.

I've never heard that before.

I can't find any info on that now and according to wikipedia neither of Emil Sitka's daughters have the same first name as Moe's wife. It's been a long time since I read that...maybe I screwed  up a few details.

I wasn't saying that necessarily as a 'bad' thing, just a 'thing'. He's most people's favorite. You know how he used to occasionally drop on the floor and use his feet to kick around in circles? That was something he did for a laugh when he forgot his lines. I don't think it was ever scripted.

that move is known as the coffee grinder. I'm shocked that you didn't know this.

I can't find any info on that now and according to wikipedia neither of Emil Sitka's daughters have the same first name as Moe's wife. It's been a long time since I read that...maybe I screwed up a few details.

That makes sense. I thought you were saying that Moe married his own daughter.

So who from the SW forum would make the best stooges?

Kzoo could be Moe because he can be pretty mean to people.
SW could be Larry because he is the unfunny one.
Jsharr or KT would make pretty Curlys, I think.

:)

Nate would be Curly Joe because he was the only non-Jew, and he wasn't funny

I think jsharr can be Curly and I'd be Shemp. Shemp was funnier.

Says the pot to the kettle.

absolutely not.

All the stooges were Jews except Curly Joe, and neither CJ or Nate are funny(IMO).

There's nothing wrong with people that aren't funny. SW isn't funny, but that doesn't make him a bad person.

It's just one of the reasons.......

Kzoo isn't mean, he's just a cranky old man that doesn't like kids playing on his lawn.

Just goes to show you.....  I am not old (at least not by RR's standards).  I love kids.  And kids love to play in my yard (tree swing - tree house - stream - bridge - waterfall - expansive yard - much to explore) and I enjoy having them there.

And I am only cranky when..........  OK you got me there    :)

• Heart 1