What brand lawn mower do you have?

jsharr

All of Nates Tour History Landscaping Trivia threads got me to thinking.

What brand of lawn mower do you have?  Do you have more than one in your stable?  Which one do you use more frequently?

I have just one mower in my stable.  A Honda HHR216 I believe.  Aluminum deck, 160cc engine. quadra cut dual blade system.  variable speed self propelled.  It is by far my favorite mower ever.

Also, I really just started this thread to see what sort of ads pop up under my first post.

We have been through this in one of the earlier Tour Trivia threads.  Please try to keep up.

And I think it was Zack's insistent effort to subvert Nate's Tour Trivia threads (with lawn maintenance talk) that drove him away.  Now you're just piling on.  Not a good thing to do.  I would think you would know better.   :)

And then I have my toys, but neither of them actually have working mower decks.

Suburban 400

00l0l_4Xm3IfUIrbB_600x450.jpg

And then another for actually working.
100_9724.jpg

Not actually pictures of mine, but pretty darn close.

• Heart 1

And then I have my toys, but neither of them actually have working mower decks.

And then another for actually working.

100_9724.jpg

Not actually pictures of mine, but pretty darn close.

When I was a kid my grandfather had an old Wheelhorse riding lawn mower. Man I loved that thing. I did something so that it's engine was really fast. I could put that thing in 5th gear and FLY around the yard. :D  

Thanks for that memory. :)

Since we moved to our place in '05 I've wanted a big commercial-style walk-behind and last year I finally got one, a 36" Dixon Walkabout.  Thing's a beast.  OK, maybe it's overkill for our half acre of paradise but it should last a long time and it shaved some 45 minutes off the cutting time with the old mowers.

I have one of these.

22A3F8F6-F2F0-41A3-9D6B-BDDF14ACC546_zps

It works great for blowing the leaves into the back corner of the yard so that they can be bagged. It also makes a ton of noise and pisses the neighbors off.

They deserve to be pissed off because they never clear their leaves away, and I end up having to bag their's too after they blow into my yard.

I have one of these.

22A3F8F6-F2F0-41A3-9D6B-BDDF14ACC546_zps

It works great for blowing the leaves into the back corner of the yard so that they can be bagged. It also makes a ton of noise and pisses the neighbors off.

They deserve to be pissed off because they never clear their leaves away, and I end up having to bag their's too after they blow into my yard.

Cactus have leaves?

no, but Orange trees, Grapefruit trees, African Sumac trees, and Oleander all lose their leaves. the neighbors also have a huge pine tree that loses it's needles and cones when the wind blows(which is everyday).

Oleandar leaves are poisonous.  Just so you know.

See Nate, people care more about lawn care than they do about what rider applied taint butter in a stage from RunawayandHide to Stinkycheesemonkey in the 1852 Tour.  Two pages and growing.

Lawn care maintenance trivia.  That's the ticket.

• Heart 1

20 someoddyearold Craftsman 22" self propelled walk behind with the rear bagger and the mulching thingamajig. Briggs and Stratton engine that never wants to quit. Amazing what fresh oil will do at the start of every season. Keep the blade sharp and balanced and it does a fine job. Noisy as hell tho.