The story of our hospital visit

Airehead

35 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I plan to use this thread to process our experience at the medical center today. We are getting ready to leave soon.  Well, I am procrastinating.  We have to be there 30 minutes early to go through pre-entry screening including temperature scans. 

then a TEE to look for a blood clot in Tim’s heart. Hopefully that is negative and while he is still under, they will do a cardioinversion. After recovery, I take him home. Honestly, I cannot even think of any  alternatives to this scenario. 

I figured and was prepared to wait in the car but nope, I am still required to be there. Worry still seems to be is that people will come out of anesthesia and have no one to drive them home. If they admit him, I get kicked out. 

Wishing you and hubby strength.

We are in 98.4 and 97.9. The lobby is almost empty. It is surreal. There are lines set up to process people who must come in but these lines were empty.  We both needed to show ID and they checked to make sure he was really on the schedule. It feels like they are doing everything possible to keep staff and patients safe, yet it is also anxiety producing. 

E98E483D-D06A-4C0F-B8E1-0B4233E51FFA.jpeg

5FF4553B-5DDC-48D7-8A22-E177113B150A.jpeg

• Hugs 1

My prayers and thoughts are with you both.  I'm glad the hospital is taking all the necessary safety precautions.  I am also sorry that you are having to deal with this stress in the midst of everything else going on.  Like we said in the other thread, I understand that the main focus is on Tim and his procedure, and I know you are doing everything you can to help him.  However, this is also a stressful event for you and let us know if there is anything we can do to support you.  Prayers and vibes!

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Good luck and we're all pulling for both of you.  Might be a minor blessing in that the focus will be more on him rather than him plus a lot of other folks? 

Those are the Blessing I am definitely counting. 

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

BuffJim is the surgeon?  :)

Wishing you both well, Aire. 

There are physician jobs that I would be good at, but surgeon is not one of them. If you've seen the video of Don Knotts about to do surgery, that would be me.

Mr Aire is in much better hands.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Just got him home.  No clot, tried a cardioinversion, jury is still out.  HR seems to be down some it isn't 140. 

I don't really know what that means.  But no clot sounds good and "home" sounds really good.  I hope it is good!

• Heart 2