How many rolls of toilet paper do you have, exactly?

Randomguy

40ish..., but that is because I bought this weekend went for groceries.  I bought Costco tp because they had some and I didnt know if anywhere else would, then went to my regular grocery store and they had our regular brand so I bought a 9 pack of that.

We are set for a while

3 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

40ish..., but that is because I bought this weekend went for groceries.  I bought Costco tp because they had some and I didnt know if anywhere else would, then went to my regular grocery store and they had our regular brand so I bought a 9 pack of that.

We are set for a while

And THUS you became a hoarder and made it tough for all the other folks out there to find TP!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Don’t know. Wo7 is the keeper of the rolls. She decides when we need more and when I can have another. She uses twice as me anyway.

My wife probably used more than ten rolls to my one. I couldn’t understand how that was possible but it is what it is. I have a better understanding of that now that it’s my job to take care of her. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Aboot 15.  We were aboot due to go to BJs before the fecal matter hit the oscillatory air mover.  My wife thought she had scored some at the LGS but I had to regretfully inform her that she had bought paper towels. :D :(

We did this several weeks ago in Billings.  The mistake was revealed when I was unloading the car.:rolleyes:

• Sad 2

i either just used the first several squares of 24 rolls or of 6 rolls.  I think it's more like 6 but Quilted Northern (see below) claims its 6 "mega" rolls = 24 regular ones.

I moved into my apartment - alone - on Mar. 10 and the very-thin, narrow, cheap single roll of 1-ply TP provided for me ran out this morning, so it lasted just over 2 weeks.

I haven't paid attention to my usual TP usage rate because I've been buying the 30 roll, 2-ply packages of Charmin or Kirkland (store brand) sold at Costco since the 90's and each seems to last forever.

Here's the 4 for 1 claim:

20200325_130010.thumb.jpg.4892b682b35cb8935866290e4029db3e.jpg

The 6-pack of Quilted Northern 3-ply sheets don't seem unusually thick and it is a bigger-than-normal roll: it barely fits on the TP dispenser:

123780209_20200325_125931rotated.thumb.jpg.27ace79ffbb3babeb8291c9d6414cc9d.jpg

I have the above roll plus the 5 still in the package below.  Assuming each lasts at least 2 weeks like the cheap roll, I'm good for at least 12 weeks - assuming no bouts with diarrhea!

I do have 4 boxes of Kleenex and 6 rolls of Bounty paper towels as a backup, though I'll go through the paper towels before the TP.

20200325_125954.thumb.jpg.0a0359ad98c56ce93c524a0a0c6859f8.jpg

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

Ohhh...this is suspenseful  :popcorn:

the story of my trip to Costco today...in 3 chapters

I am down to 3 rolls back stock. The last time WoScrapr bought TP was about a year & a half ago.  So it was making me nervous. When tshtf I thought 2 weeks and everybody will have their TP and inventory will go back to normal. Well, 3 (?) weeks later it's better but not by much. I was in Costco Sunday & Monday and there was nothing. My neighbor in the alley works at Costco but swing shift. So he might not see anything as it's stocked overnight. 

I got up early(ish) to go to "Senior" hour. Get there a few mins before 8:00 am and there are a few people milling around. Then  I see a few people pulling away and the store isn't open yet. I get out & go look at the sign. Tuesday & Thursday. Socially Distant Guy next to me asks what day is it? LOL...must be retired. I double check my phone....Wednesday!  ooofff

I do another errand grab a coffee (to go) and double back. Walk in with the normals and almost everyone has a package in their cart. This makes both nervous & hopeful. I didn't run but made my way back to the TP aisle. I heard a Costco employee say this was a truckload of TP. It was about half done. I picked one up & felt proud of myself. Maybe a bit smug?

Get home & go to the neighbor to cancel my black market order. Steve is still sleeping but his wife  'Pina is WFH so we chat at an acceptable distance. She says Steve was so happy when he came home last night because he got me a pack! So I give her a $20 and he will deliver it when he gets up. So now I have the opportunity for some arbitrage. What is the black market price for TP? In bitcoin. I don't want to report this on my taxes

There will be a special line on next years form for TP sold.  If you don't itemize, they will assume a certain percentage of what you bought was for resale.

• Heart 1

Back before the panic/shortage, while at fleet/farm I remembered we were low on TP so I picked up a 20 pack there. That same day, my wife went grocery shopping and picked up a 20 pack too. So we have 40 minus whatever we used in a month. The grandkids haven't been over in a months, so we'll be good on TP for a while. :unsure:

7 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Ohhh...this is suspenseful  :popcorn:

the story of my trip to Costco today...in 3 chapters

I am down to 3 rolls back stock. The last time WoScrapr bought TP was about a year & a half ago.  So it was making me nervous. When tshtf I thought 2 weeks and everybody will have their TP and inventory will go back to normal. Well, 3 (?) weeks later it's better but not by much. I was in Costco Sunday & Monday and there was nothing. My neighbor in the alley works at Costco but swing shift. So he might not see anything as it's stocked overnight. 

I got up early(ish) to go to "Senior" hour. Get there a few mins before 8:00 am and there are a few people milling around. Then  I see a few people pulling away and the store isn't open yet. I get out & go look at the sign. Tuesday & Thursday. Socially Distant Guy next to me asks what day is it? LOL...must be retired. I double check my phone....Wednesday!  ooofff

I do another errand grab a coffee (to go) and double back. Walk in with the normals and almost everyone has a package in their cart. This makes both nervous & hopeful. I didn't run but made my way back to the TP aisle. I heard a Costco employee say this was a truckload of TP. It was about half done. I picked one up & felt proud of myself. Maybe a bit smug?

Get home & go to the neighbor to cancel my black market order. Steve is still sleeping but his wife  'Pina is WFH so we chat at an acceptable distance. She says Steve was so happy when he came home last night because he got me a pack! So I give her a $20 and he will deliver it when he gets up. So now I have the opportunity for some arbitrage. What is the black market price for TP? In bitcoin. I don't want to report this on my taxes

We can trade some TP, if you have some flour.  ;)

I would also take a jar of peanut butter fro some rolls.  ;)

I'll throw in a couple oat buns with the transaction.  :foryou:

• Hugs 2

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

We can trade some TP, if you have some flour.  ;)

I would also take a jar of peanut butter fro some rolls.  ;)

I'll throw in a couple oat buns with the transaction.  :foryou:

I sold everything. Sold all my stock and bonds  I'm all in on TP. It will be the base of all transactions in the new Covid 19 world

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Scrapr said:

I sold everything. Sold all my stock and bonds  I'm all in on TP. It will be the base of all transactions in the new Covid 19 world

HAHA. 

You look rich by the size of that haul.  Nice work.  

Can we rewind back to Bachelor parking lot?  I want a do over.  

• Haha 1