Remember the 80s?

Razors Edge

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

It takes awhile to get here from China.

WoBG wanted a forehead thermometer.  They are all gone, worse than the TP shortage.   I searched on Amazon an found one that was in stock and I ordered it on 3/18.  A day later It shipped.  That's when I found it shipped via Yun Express.  I was surprised about that.  When the tracking number became active I found it was shipped from Shenzhen, China.  The estimated date of arrival is; Arriving March 26 - March 31.  It cleared customers in LA on 3/23.

13 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

WoBG wanted a forehead thermometer.  They are all gone, worse than the TP shortage.   I searched on Amazon an found one that was in stock and I ordered it on 3/18.  A day later It shipped.  That's when I found it shipped via Yun Express.  I was surprised about that.  When the tracking number became active I found it was shipped from Shenzhen, China.  The estimated date of arrival is; Arriving March 26 - March 31.  It cleared customers in LA on 3/23.

Shenzhen is like the electronics gizmo factory for the world.  Phones, TV's and all the consumer stuff you could ask for.  It's one of China's large industrial cities, right next door to Hong Kong.

It's traveled so far and through so many hands that an alcohol wipe down might be in order.

12 hours ago, team scooter said:

Amazon has a location in the next county over. If they have it in stock we'll get it the next day with free shipping.  I think its weird seeing USPS trucks running around on Sundays too.

Normally, with Amazon, it is next day. Sometimes same day.  Usually, at worst, 2-day :( But seeing this multi-month delivery made me remember the "good old days" where you sent off for something, and then, just randomly some long time later, it was delivered - usually by USPS but sometimes by the beloved brown UPS truck! 

What a difference from today.

46 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Normally, with Amazon, it is next day. Sometimes same day.  Usually, at worst, 2-day :( But seeing this multi-month delivery made me remember the "good old days" where you sent off for something, and then, just randomly some long time later, it was delivered - usually by USPS but sometimes by the beloved brown UPS truck! 

What a difference from today.

I don’t remember ordering much if anything in the 80’s.  If it wasn’t in the store I didn’t get it...

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Life happened in the 80's for me.  Finished college, into the military, out of the military, got married, had two kids.  That's all I remember of it.  :) 

Kinda similar for me. Graduated HS, joined   the Army, left the Army, became a cop, met my wife... A lot happened in that decade.

14 hours ago, team scooter said:

Amazon has a location in the next county over. If they have it in stock we'll get it the next day with free shipping.  I think its weird seeing USPS trucks running around on Sundays too.

I have gotten some items on the same day. Kinda frightening.

As to the OP, yeah, my guess is Chinastan or similar.