July 19

Square Wheels

35.4 miles, in 2:57.  I felt great on this ride and I noticed a significant improvement on some of the hills I'm getting to know.  (but that could just be the giant bowl of oatmeal I had first - that's my pre-ride food henceforth)

When you calculate your average speed, do you base it on the total clock time, or just the riding time?  Based on clock time this was a 12mph pace.  But I stopped to take a few pictures, stopped for a bottle of water, stopped to gasp for air, etc.

RideWithGPS says I climbed 2350 feet - and I think I believe it.  (since it was a round trip I also descended 2350 feet)  I noticed that it won't give me any calorie information like the others will so I'll be giving one of them a go.

• Heart 2

When you calculate your average speed, do you base it on the total clock time, or just the riding time? 

Dunno, I use a Garmin and it gives me an average speed and an average moving speed.  Since I am neither a pro nor racing, I go with average moving speed, it makes me sound faster.  :)

ah - the app quotes my average speed as 13.2 mph - so it must disregard stopped time.   :facepalm:  31.2 max, and 465 VAM whatever that is.

I spent a little time in the big ring on this ride - but then I discovered I have a limit screw that needs adjustment.