So guns in Texas is perfectly fine, but

KrAzY

12 hours ago, KrAzY said:

If ya bring out the bow into the front yard, people freak the hell out.. 

Hard to tell from the photo what the neighborhood looks like in relation to the shooting range.  I know, as a kid, I often set up the bb-gun target trap in the front yard, and me & my friends would wander the neighborhood with bow & arrows, ninja stars, hatchets, knives, and occasionally a samurai sword.  By wander, that included folks fronts and back yards.  Folks didn't really GAS back then, I guess.  Just RE and friends wandering through - again.

Nowadays? I think enough folks have shown they can't be trusted to use common sense, or to GAS about other people, so the rest of us are screwed.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I'm sure if you started doing target practice with a gun, close neighbors would freak a little.

Yeap.

Old neighborhood, had a neighbor a couple houses down, his fingers slipped and my neighbor right next door ended up with arrow sticking out of his roof.

30 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Hard to tell from the photo what the neighborhood looks like in relation to the shooting range.  I know, as a kid, I often set up the bb-gun target trap in the front yard, and me & my friends would wander the neighborhood with bow & arrows, ninja stars, hatchets, knives, and occasionally a samurai sword.  By wander, that included folks fronts and back yards.  Folks didn't really GAS back then, I guess.  Just RE and friends wandering through - again.

Nowadays? I think enough folks have shown they can't be trusted to use common sense, or to GAS about other people, so the rest of us are screwed.

Maybe later we will get a better pic. Our house is a corner lot and we are located on the road that is the entry and exit of our little hood.. I found the little nook in the fence to shoot towards.. makes a nice backdrop in case an arrow goes rogue. 
distance is roughly 25 yards from me to target.. 

2 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Maybe later we will get a better pic. Our house is a corner lot and we are located on the road that is the entry and exit of our little hood.. I found the little nook in the fence to shoot towards.. makes a nice backdrop in case an arrow goes rogue. 
distance is roughly 25 yards from me to target.. 

I wonder where I can get some dense foam and set up a recurve range in my side yard?   I have a friend with a range in his back yard,  He lives on a creek and there is nothing behind his house.  Fellow scout leader.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I wonder where I can get some dense foam and set up a recurve range in my side yard?   I have a friend with a range in his back yard,  He lives on a creek and there is nothing behind his house.  Fellow scout leader.

Make a carpet drop in the yard. A recurve does not have the power to go through it at all. 
you can get a shooting block from Cabela’s easy right now

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Yeap.

Old neighborhood, had a neighbor a couple houses down, his fingers slipped and my neighbor right next door ended up with arrow sticking out of his roof.

I did some bow hunting back in the day and found this to be true. (As as aside, I ran into a mountain lion, a bear, long horn cattle, and wild horses while bow hunting. I really wished I was carrying a pistol after seeing the first two. Deer? Not so much.)

The Arrow and the Song

I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,