NSFW: Who's the ******* who ****** up the site over the weekend

Mr. Silly

I have issued refunds to all paying members.

Have you already paid you member fees?

I would have 4,000 posts if this site did not go down... I had lots of strange things I thought about and wondered what you all would have thunk also.... But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...... This damn site was down and I had to mail everyone a copy of my thoughts.. you all might get them in a few weeks due to the slow process of the postal service!  :angry:

I would have 4,000 posts if this site did not go down... I had lots of strange things I thought about and wondered what you all would have thunk also.... But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...... This damn site was down and I had to mail everyone a copy of my thoughts.. you all might get them in a few weeks due to the slow process of the postal service!  :angry:

Typos aren't all that interesting.

• Heart 1

no, sometime Friday afternoon once the table actually crashed and the HTTP requests actually returned an error rather than just timing out

Until then, the HTTP response was the same one you would get if somebody unplugged the server and kicked it down a staircase without modifying the A record in the DNS first.

I think Krazy posted too many typos while the server was still coming back up.

You can blame me all you want, but you know damn sure it was your fault... :) If you did not have the server on a windows platform, we would have not had this problem :)

• Heart 1

You can blame me all you want, but you know damn sure it was your fault... :) If you did not have the server on a windows platform, we would have not had this problem :)

The servers I am on are actually pretty cool.  My "real" site is hosted on Linux and a subdomain is hosted on Windows.

This site is running on Linux and the database is MySQL.  You can't blame this one on Microsoft.

I thought maybe Nate and Bosox agreed on something and it caused a rip in the space-time continuum...

I am actually very happy with their interactions lately, or better yet their lack of interaction.

The servers I am on are actually pretty cool.  My "real" site is hosted on Linux and a subdomain is hosted on Windows.

This site is running on Linux and the database is MySQL.  You can't blame this one on Microsoft.

I am actually very happy with their interactions lately, or better yet their lack of interaction.

And that explains a lot.

And that explains a lot.

Why's that?  MySQL runs some pretty big sites with some pretty big datasets.  We are many, many years away from maxing out MySQL.  If we ever reach that point (which I doubt will happen), then we will migrate to a more robust platform, one that likely uses MS Access.

Why's that?  MySQL runs some pretty big sites with some pretty big datasets.  We are many, many years away from maxing out MySQL.  If we ever reach that point (which I doubt will happen), then we will migrate to a more robust platform, one that likely uses MS Access.

MySQL is still a small time db....nothing like SQL Server or Oracle. 

MySQL is still a small time db....nothing like SQL Server or Oracle. 

This software is not free, yet pales in comparison to some that run on MS SQL.  I am not aware of forum software that runs on Oracle, but I'm sure some exist.

When the time comes and we outgrow MySQL, I will look for software that supports MS SQL, and more likely look for a server administrator to guide the project.  I'll assume at that time we will have thousands of users online at any one time and need significantly more resources than we have now.

This software is not free, yet pales in comparison to some that run on MS SQL.  I am not aware of forum software that runs on Oracle, but I'm sure some exist.

When the time comes and we outgrow MySQL, I will look for software that supports MS SQL, and more likely look for a server administrator to guide the project.  I'll assume at that time we will have thousands of users online at any one time and need significantly more resources than we have now.

sounds like a plan. 

BTW, I assume you are using at least v. 5.0 sp1, no?

he'll make a religious/political thread soon.

See, this is how it slowly starts.  What feels like an innocent comment quickly escaltes between the two of you.  I prefer you each pretend the other doesn't exist.

sounds like a plan. 
BTW, I assume you are using at least v. 5.0 sp1, no?

MySQL version 5.1.73-cll
  • Heart 1

See, this is how it slowly starts.  What feels like an innocent comment quickly escaltes between the two of you.  I prefer you each pretend the other doesn't exist.

Exactly. 

Just a minor little 'rub' to get things started. Every time.