Heat and Humidity

petitepedal

One advantage we have in the desert southwest is the temps just remain hot June thru the end of Sept, so we get acclimated to it.  We do schedule our rides early during those month, so that the temps are at most in the 90's when we finish the ride. I have ridden when the temps are 100+, but I scale back the effort quite a bit then.

One advantage we have in the desert southwest is the temps just remain hot June thru the end of Sept, so we get acclimated to it. We do schedule our rides early during those month, so that the temps are at most in the 90's when we finish the ride. I have ridden when the temps are 100+, but I scale back the effort quite a bit then.

You like to ride early, but not everyone feels that way.

Supposed to warm up today and be close to 90 tomorrow with 70% relative humidity.  We haven't had a 90* day yet this year.  Each of the last 2 years  we'd had several 90* days by now.

I have a club ride tomorrow and usually the first hot day of the year the organizer schedules an ice cream run.  There is a popular ice cream shop close to one of our usual routes and all three groups ride together on the way there.  Our ride back becomes a fun hammer fest.

I'm hoping for a hot ride to the ice cream shop tomorrow.

I love riding in the heat.  I'll take 95* over 60* any day.

• Heart 1

I'll still take the heat over the cold any day.  The first three days of GOBA were hot and humid with lots of climbing.  I didn't really care for riding in sweat soaked bike shorts all day but it's better than freezing.

I agree, Longjohn.  As I said earlier, the warmer and more humid it gets, just scale back the effort. Plus you dont have to worry about where to put your jacket, vest, knee warmers, etc.

• Heart 1