It sucks when this happens ( or I'm just an idiot)

Gump

We had planned a nice 40 mile route to ride on Saturday morning. Left home about 8:30, near perfect day. Headed about 25 miles west to an area of rolling hills through some very nice farm country (not like we don't live in farm country). Get within about 3 miles of our starting point and I realize I forgot our bike helmets. :angry: Turn around and drive back home, by now it's 10 o'clock. So we decide to drive east about 15 miles and ride in the hills instead. Turned out to be a good ride but it probably cost us $20 in gas to do it.

I have travelled much further only to find I had forgotten my shoes.

Once, a buddy and I were heading to Fort Worth for a ride and we used my car and trunk rack.  I had never had two bikes on the rack before so the thought of checking to see if a tire was in front of the exhaust never occurred to me until we heard the LOUD BANG like a gunshot as we drove down the highway.

I melted a brand new tire on his bike.  That sucked.  

• Heart 1

I have travelled much further only to find I had forgotten my shoes.

This is why I always do a mental check list right before I pull out of the driveway.

And yes, jsharr, I should probably also do a mental checklist on known locked gates in the road ahead...    :wacko:  :facepalm:  

• Heart 1

This is why I always do a mental check list right before I pull out of the driveway.

And yes, jsharr, I should probably also do a mental checklist on known locked gates in the road ahead...    :wacko:  :facepalm:  

I could not pass a mental check, so I do not waste my time on them anymore.  I trust in luck and happenstance.  What is the worst that could happen?