How isolated are you feeling in this pandemic?

Dottleshead

covid-19 strain and inconvenience level  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How has your behavior changed since this outbreak?

• Not at all. Living normal.
    • Being more cautious. But still going out.
    • Going out as needed, mostly working from home, still seeing friends and family.
    • Very limited, only going out when unavoidable. Careful contact with people
    • Full lockdown. No one in or out.

5 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

redo it as a poll.

2 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I don't feel isolated. 

If you want to talk isolation, when I was in an Iranian prison ....

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I’m living in my new normal. I only go as far as the LGS and LDS. This is going to be hard when summer comes.

Make sure you guys vote.

Well..for now I am still working..I may suggest 3 days a week as an option :dontknow: my days have been very busy. I try to hit the LGS by work for most stuff..mid day..and I am home.

Calling to check on folks more often don't  see many folks at all other than work. And there..only a few folks come out.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Dottles said:

OK, changed it to a poll.

👍

4. I go to work daily, then home. I’ve been to the grocery store twice in the past two weeks, otherwise nowhere. 

We went to Covid screening questions at work on Thursday, with the offer of a surgical mask. I’m told the mask will now be mandatory at work. I also read today that the CDC will soon be recommending masks for all out-of-house activities.

In addition to my poll answer above (4):

Am isolated..and bored.  1 good friend in my city, has her own large family and her 82 yr. old mother which I'm certain she's choosing her visits outside family carefully.

Dearie's in Vancouver (which is home to me also), my immediate birth family and my nieces, nephews live in Greater Toronto. Several good friends in Ontario. There are times I feel strongly like Ontario-British Columbia ex-pat here in Alberta.  This is one of the times. I go to LGS (choice of 4 different ones that are close) several times/wk.

Now that I have remote access since mid-wk., I can work fully from home. This coming Tues, have 3 virtual meetings.  My landline handheld battery phone will die after 1.5 hrs.  for teleconferencing combined with MS Teams for 1 meeting....there will be 80+ staff beaming in..for lst time.

I really don't know my neighbours much but several are distantly friendly ...just have to be careful pressing elevator buttons, etc.  However I am seriously taking a flight to Vancouver for 14 days....ticket bought many months ago. That would be 2....

Would you go? 

• Hugs 1

2, as I've not changed a lot. Still go to the store, vet, and this afternoon the drive up at the post office. Luckily, found my 100lb of dog food yesterday, refilled our 5 gallon water jug at the grocery store, and filled the VW with diesel. Don't think I will wipe Duke down after his visit to the vet on Tuesday morning. Really, we are not very social, particularly this time of the year, except for going to congregate meals once in a while.  These have been canceled as of today.

Not at all. Working from work. Yesterday I dropped off laundry at the cleaners and picked up a SAMMY at the mom & pop next door. 

Just returned from the grocery store. Kinda vacant, people bending around each other like two north poles of a magnet moving past one another. 

Lotsa people out enjoying the nice day, running, biking, walking, etc. 86 & sunny.

Oh, one positive for me, rush hour traffic is a breeze:cheerleader: 

19 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

No.

I guess what bothers me most..is the aircraft …  (Oh where is Wilbur for his opinion....)

I have to get to airport by bus...which is fine.  We can only board by near back of bus.  Not many people taking bus.  Enough social distancing....I know because I had to go airport to change tickets (account not hooked up to my miles account online), so I saw for myself last wk.

Part of my plan is to put my coat, etc. into garbage bag and leave it out on balcony when getting to Vancovuer.  Take a full warm shower...then greet dearie.

I'm not feeling isolated, but then I probably could be a loner. I have WoJSTL with me plus see 3 of the 5 grandchildren on Portal. We've gone bike riding and walking almost every day but avoid people. We have delivered groceries and stuff to one of my daughters but only saw the grandchildren through a window mostly because all three had the flu in the last month. I have a daily conference call at work 4 days a week which is more than enough of that. 

32 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I guess what bothers me most..is the aircraft …  (Oh where is Wilbur for his opinion....)

I'm a former aircraft mechanic and I wouldn't recommend flying unless an emergency. When smoking was outlawed on commercial aircraft, newer aircraft started to recirculate air a lot to save fuel costs. The old DC-9 that I worked on would completely exchange the cabin air about every 3 minutes. Now some of the virus filled air could be in the cabin for a half hour or so and that's from just one cough or sneeze. 

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

I voted 4, but it's more like 3.75.  I'm working from home and really only going out to the store.   I wouldn't go out to see friends and family for fun, but I've gone out to the store more often than just as absolutely needed.  

• Hugs 1

I just got a LinkedIn post from a former coworker that described his encounter with Covid-19.   He is a health junkie and really looks after himself.  Contracted the virus and over 5 days went from loss of smell and taste to dry throat to dry cough then a fever of 104 and difficulty breathing.  He was admitted to hospital and has been there for two weeks.  They gave him every antibiotic they could as well as experimenting with other drugs.  He made it through sedated but not on a ventilator.  His advice was to avoid at all cost.  It ain't the flu. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I just got a LinkedIn post from a former coworker that described his encounter with Covid-19.   He is a health junkie and really looks after himself.  Contracted the virus and over 5 days went from loss of smell and taste to dry throat to dry cough then a fever of 104 and difficulty breathing.  He was admitted to hospital and has been there for two weeks.  They gave him every antibiotic they could as well as experimenting with other drugs.  He made it through sedated but not on a ventilator.  His advice was to avoid at all cost.  It ain't the flu. 

I saw a similar post. Is he from Atlanta? 

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Was he an aircraft worker?  Or am I asking a stupid question that's so obvious, knowing what Wilbur has done career wise.

3 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Was he an aircraft worker?  Or am I asking a stupid question that's so obvious, knowing what Wilbur has done career wise.

I am am in an industry within industries.  While I am in aviation, I have been so in Construction, Forestry, Food Services, Media, Pharmaceuticals and Banking.  :) 

There are a lot of cabin and flight deck crews that are contaminated at the moment. 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I am am in an industry within industries.  While I am in aviation, I have been so in Construction, Forestry, Food Services, Media, Pharmaceuticals and Banking.  :) 

There are a lot of cabin and flight deck crews that are contaminated at the moment. 

And Air CAnada refuses to indicate the number of employees infected.