No raw salad for past 1.5 months

shootingstar

This is not a huge loss for myself personally. During this germy time, I'd rather not eat raw veggies from stores.

Dearie is the person who makes creative, delicious salads and dressings (he does creative stuff with yogurt/balsamic vinegar/fig vinegar, etc.).  Stir frying veggies creatively is my thing. It comes to me without much effort/thought. 

So, I have stir fried/sautéed or steamed veggie combinations or 1 veggie:  asparagus, bok choy, tomato, daikon, green beans, peppers, cauliflower, squash, peas etc.  Of course I use the triumvariate for stir-firy: onion, ginger root and garlic

Some traditional national cuisines, don't use much raw veggies.  Raw veggies in China wasn't much in any of the regional cuisines, before Western influence until in latter part of 20th century,...is because water in China wasn't necessarily clean. My father used to drink a bowl of hot water on hot summer days in Canada.  This is the reason for his habits.  He and mother seldom prepared salads. At most, it was raw carrots and lettuce.  It was us, their children, that introduced more raw salads.

It's ok, my father lived until 85 yrs.  My mother is now 86 yrs.