Change Of Direction

Razors Edge

With the COVID-19 WFH order and socially distancing the norm, my need for a "commuter" and "errand" bike is on hold.

So, I swapped on some MTB tires, removed the rack and fenders, and for the time being, I'm gonna have the bike back in MTB mode!  Yay!

Still have to adjust the brakes to line up well, but she looks good with some fat rubber!

IMG_8480.thumb.JPG.a6acf43e8497cfe7c3274b9b0435112c.JPG

• Heart 3

50 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

my fatso is my grocery getter :D

Fun! My issue is fenders with fat tires. I need them for commuting, and it starts to get snug in some places, but I may look into other options.  I had commuter tires on it for a LONG time, and nice to see it looking "fresh" again (at 25!).

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Fun! My issue is fenders with fat tires. I need them for commuting, and it starts to get snug in some places, but I may look into other options.  I had commuter tires on it for a LONG time, and nice to see it looking "fresh" again (at 25!).

I don't have any fenders, but I seen friends use stuff like this https://www.jensonusa.com/SKS-Fatboard-Fat-Bike-Fender-Set-Black?pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=shopping_us&pt_keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzP-_ys7C6AIVYZJbCh22VwgJEAQYASABEgLTnPD_BwE

there are cheaper options too, just use the google machine :)

17 hours ago, ChrisL said:

You ride/commute on that daily?  Man it looks new!  Sweet, have fun & don’t break yourself schralping!

This is it in commuter mode (3 days a week) parked at our Metro bike room.  Up close, it isn't "new" by any stretch - dirt, muck, and some rust on some bits. 

IMG_5153.thumb.JPG.ea577cd54920567630ccc7e0821590fa.JPG

• Heart 2

46 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

This is it in commuter mode (3 days a week) parked at our Metro bike room.  Up close, it isn't "new" by any stretch - dirt, muck, and some rust on some bits. 

IMG_5153.thumb.JPG.ea577cd54920567630ccc7e0821590fa.JPG

What are your thoughts on the Vuelta wheels?  When the Ritchey wheels that came with my Bianchi developed cracks I got some at the recommendation of the shop owner.  (Not my LBS friend but another shop).  The owner was so confident I’d like them he said he’d buy them back if I didn’t like them after a month.  

I don’t remember their product line but they were on the higher end, something like 1,500 grams and super strong.  Although I don’t ride the Bianchi much anymore it’s not because of the wheels.   Vuelta is really a under the radar brand.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

What are your thoughts on the Vuelta wheels?  When the Ritchey wheels that came with my Bianchi developed cracks I got some at the recommendation of the shop owner.  (Not my LBS friend but another shop).  The owner was so confident I’d like them he said he’d buy them back if I didn’t like them after a month.  

I don’t remember their product line but they were on the higher end, something like 1,500 grams and super strong.  Although I don’t ride the Bianchi much anymore it’s not because of the wheels.   Vuelta is really a under the radar brand.

They were a bargain on Performance - probably because of their being 26" and rim braking in an age of 29 or 27.5 and discs???  I got them may years ago, and have done NOTHING to keep them maintained. No issues with staying true, and no complaints whatsoever with them.  A "good" buy, but I don't think they are comparable to any of Vuelta's higher end options.

• Heart 1

• 3 weeks later...