Wide open trails!

ChrisL

There's a trail I really like that's sure to be crowded now.  There's another decent one with a couple of nice, steep hills to give me a little extra exercise that's not so popular and that passes through an equestrian center.  I haven't been exercising much lately so I'm only going to do 2 miles walking the dog, Jake.

The rain is supposed to end today, so I'll give the ground tomorrow to dry and walk Jake on Tuesday.

• Heart 1

I noticed the same a couple weeks ago as we went to a State Reserve (basically an undeveloped state park managed by the State Park system). Only two cars there at different trailheads, and an occasional moving car. Fat tire biking, equestrian, and hiking impacted/controlled access with hunting during season. No facilities or even picnic tables with a few primitive camping sites. Miles and miles of crisscrossing trails and some lakes. 

It seems like normal parks and trails are like that now as people can't get to them with "Shelter in Place" limiting travel for non-essential workers to grocery and pharmacy effectively shutting down cars parking at the parks. You can, and it is encouraged, to have outdoor exercise maintaining social separation in you neighborhood. While the main roads are deserted and would be great riding, I still do my normal weave through neighborhoods to get to a nearby trail.

DSC00030.JPG

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, Tizeye said:

I noticed the same a couple weeks ago as we went to a State Reserve (basically an undeveloped state park managed by the State Park system). Only two cars there at different trailheads, and an occasional moving car. Fat tire biking, equestrian, and hiking impacted/controlled access with hunting during season. No facilities or even picnic tables with a few primitive camping sites. Miles and miles of crisscrossing trails and some lakes. 

It seems like normal parks and trails are like that now as people can't get to them with "Shelter in Place" limiting travel for non-essential workers to grocery and pharmacy effectively shutting down cars parking at the parks. You can, and it is encouraged, to have outdoor exercise maintaining social separation in you neighborhood. While the main roads are deserted and would be great riding, I still do my normal weave through neighborhoods to get to a nearby trail.

DSC00030.JPG

Ooooooohhhhh..........

Ironically, the normally isolated road I did yesterday had more traffic than I have seen in some time! I saw FOUR other riders! I know that is pretty empty for a 10 mile stretch of road, but unusual for that one! 

WoW and I took the Miata out for a little therapy in the late afternoon. Just a little drive in the country. No contact with anyone else. We did find a nice road for me to hill train on the road bike! That's a rarity around here. Hope to try it this weekend. Nice 35-40 mile round trip. 

We drove back on a highway that I normally avoid with the Miata just because it is so busy. That was the first time I actually witnessed the social distancing impact outside of town. 

• Heart 1