Let's talk toilet paper..

Randomguy

I am coming close to changing the roll and trying out the new stuff I bought at Target a few days ago, and I will do a review when I try it out.  In the meantime, I suppose we should do a mini review/critique of TP and see if there is some consensus as to which is the best.

What is the best toilet paper, in your opinion?

1 minute ago, Further said:

Why do we only use one side ?

Seems wasteful 

Good point!  

My old go-to was Charmin Ultra-Strong, but I think there was a Cottenelle product that was pretty good.  I have been buying Trader Joe's TP because I could buy it reasonably priced in small packs (6), and I didn't want to overstock it.  It is ok, pretty decent, I suppose.

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

We have been using Scott for the 34 years we have been married. It is perfectly adequate. 

They must make several types.  They make the cheapest type known to man, though, so I am soured on them for life.  You know the kind, it is like rice paper or somesuch, single-ply and smeary rather than absorby.  Yuck.

Just now, Randomguy said:

They must make several types.  They make the cheapest type known to man, though, so I am soured on them for life.  You know the kind, it is like rice paper or somesuch, single-ply and smeary rather than absorby.  Yuck.

I used fluffier stuff when I was single. Scott is single ply and a roll of it definitely does last much longer than one of the fluffy stuff. 

Just now, Randomguy said:

Their quality has gone downhill...I use to think they were fine but about a year ago I decided change was in order.

We have used Charmin in the red package for all the years we've been married. We tried something in a blue package once, but I don't remember whether it was the other Charmin or a different brand. Anyway, it was way too dusty. It gave off a lot of lint, and #2 son ended up with a dingle-berry colony. Not comfortable for him.

• Heart 1

The absolute worst I have experienced was when living in England. We use to keep our private roll in the car. What was supplied in the public WC's in the car park and other public areas had the texture and feel of wax paper. Due to the dampness, misting rain and fog they couldn't use TP that absorbed the atmospheric dampness, thus the wax paper.

• Sad 1

Our preference is Angel Soft with Charmin coming in as a close second. Must be double ply as any single ply, such as most Scotts and Northern, need not apply.  With everything out couldn't find either or even the others, including store house brands, in the large stores. When shopping in Audi, they had a few. Upper shelf was single ply, but there were about 5 packs of double ply on the lower shelf. Better yet, said "Compare to Angel Soft." Tried first roll today and is decent. Roll might be a little smaller with fewer 'sheets' but overall good.  

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I buy Kirkland.  

Me too, unless there's an instant coupon in Costco's monthly flyer that makes Charmin cheaper.  Both are about the same quality 2-ply, though sometimes Costco has Charmin Extra Soft and sometimes Charmin Extra Strong.

Right now I have 6 rolls of Quilted Northern, bought at Walmart when I saw none elsewhere, and 30 rolls of Kirkland I grabbed on Thursday.