Coronavirus check-in - Do you know anyone personally who has gotten it?

Randomguy

22 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Now one of my sister-in-laws is awaiting her test results. Got tested last week (Friday). 

She tested positive :(  Not doing poorly, but was bad enough to feel the need for a test, and after almost a week, she got the results, but is also hopefully a bit closer to "over" it.

• 1 month later...

I have not been tested but I have also not been ill. 
One of my friends in Athens did test positive. She had a mild case that did not require hospitalization. 
Another friend’s mother is one of the poor souls in our nursing home. She has been quite ill for a few weeks. 

No one that I know personally but 15 cases at Mom’s assisted living place. Eleven residents and four staff. The building is on lockdown but they still find a way to get out and about. Eight residents who tested positive went to the hospital. Seven died there, one recovered and is back in the building. I probably know some of them by face but they aren’t releasing names due to privacy. My sister’s facility reported 10% infection rate last month but I don’t know how many that is. They are keeping the sick in a separate area but I don’t know how things are today.

Yes, I know plenty.  I have had at least two patients die from it.  I have friend that have had relatives die from it, but nobody I know personally except for the patients.  Neither one of my patients were the picture of health.  

My daughters good friend is a nurse and she just tested positive.  She was at a family members baby shower and another family member infected a bunch of the family... Mot sure if patient 0 for this family knew at the time of the shower.

My daughter hasn’t seen her friend since social distancing went into effect though.

• Sad 1

I have a friend that travels globally for his job (up until WFH).  He was really sick at the end of March for a couple weeks. Headache, body aches, respiratory issues.  At the time testing was extremely limited and he did a tele-med thing with his PCP who didn't want him in his office.  He was told that it was most certainly COVID and to self-quarantine and go to the ER if it got to where he couldn't breath.  If he went, he would be tested - otherwise no test.  He toughed it out for 2 weeks at home before the symptoms went away and since he was already WFH, he went on with life.  He was one of the thousands, or tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of cases that is not part of the stats.

Good news is he did not infect any of his immediate family but has no idea who or how many he infected before the symptoms hit.

I don't know anyone directly at all so far.

I just hear from other coworkers where 1 person in her 90's died from covid-19.  Then ex-daughter-in-law and boyfriend got it, but recovered, didn't have to go to hospital. 

In my own organization/employer, we had/have 12 employees with covid-19.  There are 12,000 employees.

I know a trim carpenter has done me a bunch of favors. Last favor was in February mounting some address numbers on a piece of oak. He called me in late April & said he was in ICU for 3 weeks w/Covid. He had been feeling weak for a few weeks. They found an underlying case of A Fib also. He is in his early 50's working on construction sites

2 hours ago, Forum Administrator said:

My boss, who thought this whole thing was a hoax, got it. She has taken one sick day in the past six years. She was out 16 work days  because of it.

I know I shouldn't, but I enjoy these stories about comeuppance and irony and poetic justice.  "How is that hoax now, plague bitch?"