Lock-down score

Parsnip Totin Jack

I've been baking bread, pizza & such for years :angry: I noticed last week my LGS what oot of 5# bags of flour, but they're back in stock now. I had enough to make my pepperoni rolls :)  but wanted to stock up. Its seems now items are restored. Bread a little light, but meat is fully stocked and then some. I like my local bakery for bread though which is fine for supply.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

All the panic buyers cleared grocery store shelves of staples including flour and yeast. Stuck at home people are making bread now. I checked my freezer yeast supply (I’m good on flour for a month or two) and the cupboard was bare. I only had the working supply in the fridge. Went shopping on Amazon and found some good stuff; Saf-instant. Delivery was projected to be April 14 or 15. Package arrived today, woo hoo!

44BC47E1-B8CE-4489-A10C-FF6EC156A3CD.jpeg

That is the good stuff, and I am out of yeast as of yesterday.  I think I have to order some or there will be no pizza.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

That is the good stuff, and I am out of yeast as of yesterday.  I think I have to order some or there will be no pizza.

You are correct. Unless you have time to work with sourdough. Longer rise times but better flavor and texture. I brought a pack of that yeast in 2018 based on your recommendation. It’s lasted two years.

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Finer ingredients have to come by mail order here.  

True.  When I was out that way, the company I was training pilots for allowed spouses to travel on the corporate aircraft just for shopping purposes.  Back then though, it was a ghost town and Fred Meyers was all that was going on.  I think it was just after the forest industry was shut down for the spotted owl.