The Prisoner's intro was much longer than Petticoat Junction's

Mr. Silly

17 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Wow, wth was that all about???!!!!

It tells the story of how he ended up as a prisoner in the village.  He was a spy for England and resigned.  He goes home and rushes to get away when he's gassed.  He wakes up and tries to find out who is  in charge.  He declares that he is not a number but a human.  Tries to escape and is captured by a bubble.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

It tells the story of how he ended up as a prisoner in the village.  He was a spy for England and resigned.  He goes home and rushes to get away when he's gassed.  He wakes up and tries to find out who is  in charge.  He declares that he is not a number but a human.  Tries to escape and is captured by a bubble.

Yeah, I got all that.  But wth hell was that super-intro all about?  I think maybe Stephen King was the editor or something.

That was an intriguing show where The Prisoner, an ex-British government spy, doesn't know who is imprisoning him or why - except they seem to want to know why he quit being a spy.  I don't remember the series lasting more than 2-3 years.  Did he ever find out why he was a prisoner?

4 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I don't remember the series lasting more than 2-3 years.  Did he ever find out why he was a prisoner?

They want to know if he is an agent for another country.  Everyone in the village is an ex-spy who resigned.  

The series is on Amazon Prime.  I started watching it while working from home.  I am 4 episodes in and I am enjoying it.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

They want to know if he is an agent for another country.  Everyone in the village is an ex-spy who resigned.  

The series is on Amazon Prime.  I started watching it while working from home.  I am 4 episodes in and I am enjoying it.

Thanks!  I have Amazon Prime and it will be fun to watch it again!  Right now, I'm catching up on the 3rd Season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.