Garden thread

Allen

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

No. This was an Agway tiller with reversible tones that my father-in-law had. The mice chewed the wires again on the troybilt. I haven’t got around to tearing it apart to repair the damage. Stinking mice.

Which tiller do you prefer ?

They are both very good when they have new tines. Unfortunately the tines are worn out on both of them. The troybilt is built to last. My wife bought it for me in 1983. The only thing I have done to it is change the oil and three sets of tines. Oh and repair the chewed wires from the stinking mice. I was planning on bringing a set of tines in to work and rebuild them with hard steel. I never got around to it. I would have had to stay after work to do it.

• Heart 1

Just now, Further said:

We had a fairly heavy rain today and none of my garden washed away, so maybe I'll be OK.

We had an all day drizzle. I was going to try to get something done before the rain started but when I walked out the door it had already started. Supposed to rain the next four days.

• Sad 1

Cold and miserable here. Rain off and on during the day, spitting snow when I was leaving work.

I looked out the window at the garden plot.

Did call a sawmill about wood to frame the beds. It would be about 250.00 using 1 x 8's double that if using 2 x 8's.  I'm torn between my natural cheapness and the added pizzazz of the frames.  That is for 9, 4' x 12' beds. 

• Heart 1