Breaking Bad S 2 Ep 12

Scrapr

It was the beginning of the shift.  He started out as someone trying to set his family up with money, and then turned into this powerful an very evil character.  

Most powerful message he sent "I'm the one who knocks."  <chills>

Jesse was a better man than Walt.  He seemed to have empathy for others in the episodes.

• Heart 1

Having been both an industrial research chemist and a high school chemistry teacher who had been approached many times about synthesizing illegal drugs and never wanting to do so mainly because I didn't want the guilt of the damage it might do to some users, I was never able to get into Breaking Bad, despite Walt's need for money for his family's future - at the expense of various users.

8 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Having been both an industrial research chemist and a high school chemistry teacher who had been approached many times about synthesizing illegal drugs and never wanting to do so mainly because I didn't want the guilt of the damage it might do to some users, I was never able to get into Breaking Bad, despite Walt's need for money for his family's future - at the expense of various users.

Being a cop, I tend not to watch shows that glorify the criminal element. (This, Weeds, Sopranos, etc)  I only watched the series last year after my nephew posted after he hurt his knee and he was walking around his school on crutches, how with his crutches, his bald, chemistry teacher dad and cop uncle, he WAS living 'Breaking Bad'  (Oh yeah, our last name is "White")

A great show...., and it does nothing to make me want to be involved in that world.  I spoke to one of our clan lab experts who said while some of the chemistry is wrong, they had good intel on clan labs because he has taken some down that looked remarkably similar to what was shown.

Put down your inhibitions and give it a go.  I did with some trepidation and was glad I did.  The acting of the two main characters and the writing is worth it.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Where we learned that Walt really was evil. He lets Jane die of her own vomit after using

and shortly after the commercial plane that Jane's dad was piloting crashes killing many

very powerful episode. Maybe the best one in BB

Yes, definitely Walters turning point

5 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Where we learned that Walt really was evil. He lets Jane die of her own vomit after using

and shortly after the commercial plane that Jane's dad was piloting crashes killing many

The one with the Lilly of the Valley was pretty chilling also...

I don't think Walt wanted anyone else close to Jessie.

Bryan Cranston talks about this scene in his autobiography.  It was pretty emotional for him.  He imagined his own daughter in that position. The entire book was a good read, but this section was riveting.

My wife also balked on watching this because she did not want to be a part of anything that glorified drug dealers.  I am not sure what part of dying alone....  separated from everything you love... your family and your drug making....  is putting this in a good light

7 hours ago, Scrapr said:

A good episode, for sure.  My favorite was in season 5, with the train robbery.  Whatta show, eh?

14 minutes ago, Forum Administrator said:

I am not sure what part of dying alone....  separated from everything you love... your family and your drug making....  is putting this in a good light

Ok, you know the episode I mentioned above?  ^^^  The ending?  Wow, Todd, way to totally shred the mood!

It was such a triumph of meticulous planning and teamwork until that point, and the last bit was written expressly because the writers didn't want the characters to be portrayed in an overall positive light.  Damn, did that work!

3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Jane’s dad was the air traffic controller. 

But I always go back to the opening statement: “Chemistry is the science of change”. It’s a series about the change in personalities of the characters.

Yeah. My bad. I shoulda known that.