The low numbers of COVID-19 in China...

Bikeguy

...seem more realistic now, based on what they did.   The short version...  They TOTALLY locked down millions of people, in there homes / apartments etc.. NO travel, period.    If that would happen  here, there would be protests about human rights violations etc... 

China’s Draconian Lockdown

One web page (which I can't find now) even mentioned if you had a dog, you still didn't go outside.  The dog had to find a place inside to take care of business.  Families were split up based on how sick they were, etc.. 

https://www.france24.com/en/20200331-china-lockdown-may-have-blocked-700-000-virus-cases-researchers

My sister, a research master nurse at Johns Hopkins Hospital, said that Chinese healthcare workers there who had been to China in January and February said that things were much worse in China than the Chinese government was reporting.

That's anecdotal evidence, but it's consistent with China's past habits.

On the other hand, the videos on YouTube that were linked here show that the lockdowns are much stricter and should have had a stronger effect on diminishing the number of cases than have occurred in countries where idiots are hold large church gatherings, letting their teenagers throw large parties, etc. etc. etc.

28 minutes ago, Indy said:

Do you suppose that they had the same sort of backup during the lockdown that New York City has with the refrigerator trucks are being used for?  Maybe the urns are for the already dead and not for the presumed dead that might have happened according to some great guesswork?  Up in Northern New England the ground is thawing and funerals are about to start for the winters dead......or maybe New Hampshire is covering up last weeks deaths.

Just sayn.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Pototoe point back guarantee 

You can have all my potato points back if There are tens of thousands more deaths in Wuhan that they are covering up.

Some interesting reading.  It's very possible that they did what we cannot do hard as that is to believe.

https://time.com/5796425/china-coronavirus-lockdown/

I do not believe that this is political in nature, just a difference in cultures.