ARGGHH!

12string

5 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

We were talking this morning how lucky we are.  Both my wife and I and all three kids are all still working as per normal.  

Things could always be worse

You should have been a nun with that much skill at passive guilt!

Yes, I should be grateful.  So far, I'm only missing a small part time check, and I expect to not get a bonus next year.  And that will not affect me much at all.

Just heard from another friend.  A CFO at a decent sized company.  He's still working, but for no pay.  He had to lay off 700 people.  Their business is basically dead during this, but if they didn't have any means to pay the CFO to keep it open - it's not going to be there long.

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, 12string said:

Stop telling me how to do my job, you barely have a clue how to do your own!!!!  Wow, I work with some total morons.

Thanks, just had to get that off my chest.

You might want to consider using the better suited term "morans" in that second sentence.  Likewise, three exclamation points- "!!!" - is the correct amount (not four).  And, if you are really needing guidance, I'd suggest reviewing your comma usage in that first sentence.

Let us know if you need any extra help on this stuff.  Surely some of the more experienced folks here would have even better ideas to guide you.

Yeah, everybody wants to be a safety guy, when it's something they don't want to do.

or,

PM: "You ever heard of XYZ, it's not OSHA? Yeah it's what the <<Big certifying organization>> recommends and client requires."

2Far: "It's been required at every company and client I've been with for the last 20 years."

"We" haven't heard of it b/c we are still doing many thing the same way we did them 35 years ago. "If we haven't done it then it doesn't need doing.", that's our motto.

OK, so that guy is leaving me alone.  Now my boss has lost his brain

After a number of back a and forth emails about "why did you do this"  "I need you to do it that way" and my back and forth between just doing this wrong to shut him up and telling why the database doesn't allow that, I finally had to write a long email explaining our standard company procedures for this process - that he's been doing for a bunch of years now!  Then a "why don't I have your status report yet?".  Yeah, the one that he sent an email at 9 saying he needed it at 10.  The one we've had discussions about where do I count the time I spend answering insipid emails from people who should know how to do their own jobs and follow documented processes!!! (note: 3 !!!)

I may make it to the end of this quarantine.  Not sure about a few other people...........