So I am obviously not a birdie watcher

Ralphie

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

How aboot orioles?

I get excited when I spot an Oriole. I don't think they are rare but I am pretty new at this bird spotting game and haven't seen many. They definitely don't winter here.

Blue birds are the really neat ones. They don't come out when the weather sucks. We were getting them at our feeder, the weather took a turn and they disappeared, today it started to get nice and one showed up.   Blue bird day is indeed a nice day.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

It looks like it should be first oriole of spring!  Blue is breeding, red is wintering.

I thought you were going political with this....  with suggestions how and where we spend our vacations.  ;)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Dang woodypecker was banging on our aluminum house fascia this morning. Maggie was going ballistic. I went out and chased it to the neighbors house. ;)

Dang wildlife. 

I have one that’s been doing that. You would think that would hurt their pecker trying to drill metal. I can’t see it from any of the windows, I should go out and do a walkabout and make sure it’ snot doing any damage.

We rented a log cabin for vacation one time in a state park near Altoona. I woodpecker would wake us every morning drilling on one of the logs on the outside of our bedroom. I walked around to check on what he was doing and he had a hole big enough to put a baseball in it. I told the park ranger about it when we checked out.

• Heart 1