This adding death to my plans sucks

Further

WoGB and I signed up for a 2 part continuing education class about estate planning.   We got thru class 1.  Class 2 was canceled, the junior college campus is has been closed for a while.  We have a will.   

We started this before the pandemic.  We figured, we aren't going to live forever and we want to be sure our daughter and grandson get our estate rather then the state (via taxes, etc...).

Now we need to call the guy soon.er then later.  If his business is 'essential' or not, will determine if we get to meet the guy (or a phone conference) any time soon.

• Sad 1

Wo46 and I have had a will since we were 25 years old. Wo46 thought it was strange when I suggested it when we were 25 but I seen what can happen when you don't have a will. 

My dad died when he was 39 and he didn't believe in wills or life insurance. 

One of my retirement goals is to fill up the garbage can every week. Last week I removed many boxes from the attic as it wasn't hot up there. These boxes were for things like TVs and computers some of which I don't even have anymore! Unfortunately I have to schedule a special pickup for them and that office is closed at least until the end of April. So I had to put the junk into the shed. At least the shed is cooler than the attic.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I had a will done almost 20 years ago, but it's probably time to update not only the will but the other key documents like living will and POA.  I think the state rules for some of them changed in the last few years.

I had started trying to clear things out little by little, but during all the current goings on, I'm hesitant to throw out too much stuff.  But I've worked on cleaning out three different residences and I can say with certainty your heirs will appreciate any advance work you do to clean stuff out.   I also recommend that if there is something you really want an heir to have, it's nice to give it to them before you pass rather than wait for them to inherit.   There was a special pin of my mother's that I always liked because of its history and how much it meant to my Dad when he purchased it.  She gave it to me before she passed saying "I'd rather give it with a warm hand".  and it means even more to me knowing that she wanted me to have it.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2