Weekend pland... this first weekend in April

petitepedal

It won't be in time for this weekend but I have a major home improvement project converting my aluminum wiring to copper. The torque screwdriver arrived earlier this week, but the Alumiconn connectors are on order. Will have to swing by Home Depot for the wiring that can cut down to 6" pigtails, plus - since saving by doing it myself - may replace all switches, outlets, baseplates. While the existing co/al switches/outlets would be OK, would like to change from ivory to white. Undecided if will spend a little more and modernize from traditional style to modular, not due to cost but modular are physically larger (deeper) and boxes as stuffed with wires taking a lot of space. Shouldn't be too difficult taking one circuit at a time, plus there are two outlet extension (different circuits) I want to install. One on this bedroom circuit but punch through the wall to add one to the front entry. The other in the family room. The prior owner built a full wall display case, and while there should have been a plug somewhere along that wall in the lower storage of the display case, I don't see it. Right now we have 32" TV in the storage cabinet area and want to put a 55" in the center display. It is an electrical nightmare with the TV powered by an extension cord coming under the side molding to plug into a wall outlet and the lighting from the wall switch to three sets of florescent isn't much better. That area needs major work.

• Heart 1

Hope to get some outside work done. Still have a bunch of brush to cut and maybe some more firewood. Might get warm enough for a short ride Saturday.