Just asked to borrow some money

jsharr

from our government.  Filled out and submitted the Paycheck Protection Program and the COVID 19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Assistance Applications.

Have to complete our annual audit and then will look into the 30 year fixed rate loans the SBA is offering.

• Heart 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

Filling out the PPP application today.  Do you have the updated version of the application?  The one dated 03/20 is obsolete now.

Bank of America has the application live on their site and since we do our business banking with them, applied online directly.  

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

from our government.  Filled out and submitted the Paycheck Protection Program and the COVID 19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Assistance Applications.

Have to complete our annual audit and then will look into the 30 year fixed rate loans the SBA is offering.

I don't know if this is a :) or a :(

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Bank of America has the application live on their site and since we do our business banking with them, applied online directly.  

We work with a smaller regional bank and have the editable PDF version.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I don't know if this is a :) or a :(

If the terms are as advertised it is a :) for us and a :( for our national debt.   I hope we don't all get :humping: by this.   But we have not let anyone go yet and hope not to have to let anyone go.  

• Heart 1

Just now, jsharr said:

If the terms are as advertised it is a :) for us and a :( for our national debt.   I hope we don't all get :humping: by this.   But we have not let anyone go yet and hope not to have to let anyone go.  

A big ditto here.

We just watched a webinar yesterday about the PPP & that other program. We have not needed it and are really busy now. But since homes are not selling (because no one wants looky loos wandering in) we are going to have a crash in about 2-3 months. I thought the apps didn't open until today? Our banks aren't even open yet. East Coast bias!!!  Sounded like Treasury has not provided much direction yet and things are still pretty chaotic

3 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

We just watched a webinar yesterday about the PPP & that other program. We have not needed it and are really busy now. But since homes are not selling (because no one wants looky loos wandering in) we are going to have a crash in about 2-3 months. I thought the apps didn't open until today? Our banks aren't even open yet. East Coast bias!!!  Sounded like Treasury has not provided much direction yet and things are still pretty chaotic

I have been in contact with my bank for the last few weeks.  They had no "guidance" until today.  Bank of America sent out an email with directions at 9:02 am central time.  We applied within 30 minutes.  Had a conference call with the CEO/CTO/Dir. of Marketing/me and a good friend of the CEO who has had his legal firm looking into options.

We applied for the PPP and 10k immediate relief with almost no problems.

As we are in the midst of an audit, we had all our numbers easily at hand.

49 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Sometimes you have to solve one problem at a time.  If you can keep them hired but they die that's not a win.

23 hours ago, Further said:

I work with a guy who added a car to a mortgage. 

If it's to an existing mortgage, that could work, but usually it's refinanced and that means a fresh 15 or 30 year mortgage period.

A late aunt of mine and her husband use to go to a retired judge who had returned to his law practice whenever they did anything financial.  EVERY time they bought a car, he conned them into thinking they were being shrewd by refinancing their mortgage and putting the new car on it at a lower interest rate than new car loans.

Of course, at the beginning of a mortgage, almost the total payment is going toward interest and very little toward principal, so even if the payment was a little lower, they weren't gaining anything.  Additionally, in the 80's and early 90's when most of this was happening, mortgages were in the 9+% neighborhood.

I tried and tried to talk them out of refinancing unless there was a great drop in the mortgage rate but they said their lawyer, "The Judge," surely wouldn't do them wrong. The son of a bitch probably got a commission from the lending agency or bank!

When they passed away, they had promised 5 of us nieces and nephews that we'd be the inheritors.  Instead, they left everything to me.  But, they had built up so little equity in their home that nothing was left of their estate after everything was auctioned off to pay nursing home, etc. bills - they had also made awful decisions to get cheap health insurance policies.  It took a few years for me to convince my cousins I hadn't tried to stab them in their backs and grab their inheritances and that there wasn't anything to inherit anyway.

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I tried and tried to talk them out of refinancing unless there was a great drop in the mortgage rate but they said their lawyer, "The Judge," surely wouldn't do them wrong. The son of a bitch probably got a commission from the lending agency or bank!

Brokers can take a % of the loan rate. Typically a quarter point IME. Maybe also a negotiated placement fee with the provider

• Heart 1