anyone here watch curse of oak island?

bikeman564™

1 hour ago, jsharr said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I tried to like it, but it just got so damn hokey and repetitive that I had to tune out. 

My response may be a spoiler.   

The spoiler is "there is a sucker born every minute, and that each episode sets up another episode so the folks can keep getting a paycheck."

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Chris... said:

I presume it’s something along the lines of Al Capone’s vault but played out over several seasons:lol:

Yep. A guy at work watches it, so he'd mention a gold coin they found at the end of an episode.  I'd ask a few weeks later about the gold coin when I'd hear him discussing the Spanish dagger they found.  Over and over the cycle of "oooh" this might be IT! followed by "ahhh" as another random thing is "found". Rinse and repeat 100 times.

• Heart 1

Yeah, I'm watching it. I toured Oak Island in the early 90s. Did not know much about it before then, but we were in Nova Scotia on vacation, and it was suggested as a thing to do, so we went and checked it out.

Leonard Nimoy did an episode of "In search of" based on the story.

This season, William Shatner appeared on an episode of Curse of Oak Island, and also featured it on his own show, The Unexplained, so Kirk and Spock have both had a go at it.

• Heart 1