Are you tired of washing your hands yet?

jsharr

I wash my hands about the same amount now as I did before.  Normally wash when I come in, whether from town or with the livestock, etc.  Always wash hands before testing for blood glucose, and I do that 4 times per day.  I was at the store on Thursday and Friday and the vet on Friday, but home otherwise. So, I don't see my hand washing habits changing much.

I found another box on the front porch yesterday while I was working outside. UPS must have snuck in while my back was turned. They park the truck out on the road and walk up my driveway. I was already wearing work gloves so walked down the driveway and got the mail and threw it away, then I sprayed down the box on the front porch. I finished what I was doing outside and then I brought the box in and opened it up. A bunch more bags of air and a bottle of hand sanitizer. I took the box and a bunch of other boxes out to the brush pile and burned them and then came in and washed my hands. Getting deliveries is getting complicated.

• Heart 1

I rarely wash my hands, never have.  When I did construction and was sitting on a pile of lumber in the middle of the woods eating lunch, your sandwich fell in the dirt, you picked it up, brushed it off and ate it - or you want hungry.  Did that for about 10 years.  We were lucky if we got a porta a potty, usually used the woods.  Never had a place to wash my hands.  WIpes didn't exists yet except for babies.  No such thing as Purell. 

Those habits have been hard to change.  I still rarely wash my hands, I hate Purell.  I almost never get sick.

• Haha 1

Most of the hand washing I did yesterday was to avoid cross-contamination from the raw fish I was preparing to bake.

Otherwise, since I'm spending most of my time in the apartment, I don't think there's a much chance of coronavirus being tracked into it except through stuff I bring into the house, where it won't survive long except in moist products like meat, fresh fruit, and fresh veggies.  I wash when handling those.

I have a little bottle of Purell sitting in my car since it was the rage a couple years ago.  I've been using that when I get back to my car.  When it runs out, I'll do a Windex (claims to kill germs) and water mix I can dry with a paper towel (which I put in a plastic garbage bag).

Otherwise, at home there's not a lot of reasons for coronavirus to be present.

51 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I've always been a little bit of germaphobe so hand washing is just a little bit more than before. 

I’ve always been the opposite, a dirt builds immunity kind of guy, so same here, just a little more and for a little longer. But mainly if and when I leave the house.  Which I am avoiding like the plague now. 

• Heart 2

I would have to leave the house, or at least go where other people are and touch things other people do.  Since I rarely do that, I can now rarely wash my hands again.

Ah, the stink and lack of hygiene feels so good again.  Kind of like camping.

• Haha 1