Uh oh, beer?

Randomguy

20 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

:frantics:

This is cause for alarm if it is happening in the states for sure!

I have about 15 beers in the fridge (I don't drink much at home at all) and a fifth of gin, so I should be good for a while.  I do wonder if I should buy more, though.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I have about 15 beers in the fridge (I don't drink much at home at all) and a fifth of gin, so I should be good for a while.  I do wonder if I should buy more, though.

couple Michigan breweries added making alcohol for hand sanitizer

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

One of the beers I have is Founders, I hope they are still making beer.

53 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

not sure, they have good beers

If they have good beer they keep it to themselves. The only Founders they sell around here is “All Day IPA” I would put it in the same category as Coors light and one  step below decaf coffee.

How do you get beer home since you don’t have a car or even a bike?

One of the beers I have is Founders, I hope they are still making beer.

My son in law gave me a CBS.  It is driving me crazy what the C stands for , the BS is Breakfast Stout I think.  brb!

Well shit!  CANADIAN Breakfast Stout.  11% - woo-ha!

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/47658/

Wait - do you notice anything wrong with this? :wacko:

Canadian Breakfast Stout is an Imperial Stout brewed with a blend of coffees and imported chocolates, then aged in spent bourbon barrels that have most recently been aging pure Michigan maple syrup.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

If they have good beer they keep it to themselves. The only Founders they sell around here is “All Day IPA” I would put it in the same category as Coors light and one  step below decaf coffee.

That's the beer they sell to the masses so they can make good beer.  Their breakfast stout is fantastic, especially aged.  They've got an excellent lineup

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, 12string said:

That's the beer they sell to the masses so they can make good beer.  Their breakfast stout is fantastic, especially aged.  They've got an excellent lineup

I don’t know who buys it, I bought it once only because people rave about how good Founders is. I wasn’t impressed. That was probably four years ago and it’s still the only Founders I have seen locally. They even sell it at the gas station.

Just now, Longjohn said:

I don’t know who buys it, I bought it once only because people rave about how good Founders is. I wasn’t impressed. That was probably four years ago and it’s still the only Founders I have seen locally. They even sell it at the gas station.

You really made an unfortunate selection!  Most of their stuff is good.

Mexican beer was essential when I was a grad student at IIT in Chicago.  We poor teaching assistants relied on Mexican beer at 89 or 99 cents a six-pack  because we couldn't afford the extra 60 cents for Bud, etc.  No twist-off caps, but one that had an indentation on the bottom of the glass bottle that you could use as a bottle opener for other bottles.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I hate IPAs. Founders makes great stouts, like KBS, and KBS Espresso :)

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I love the Solid Gold, but you might not.  It is a super-easy drinker, but has way more character than it should.  Mmmm, solid gold.....

3 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I hated how IPAs suddenly became so trendy, but most are good!  The ones that taste like pine sol are not good. 

I think they all taste like Pine Sol mixed with campfire soot.  Adding even more hops seldom overcomes problems in brewing, but it isn't my style.