Old bike arrives tomorrow

Road Runner

No.  I'll wait and see what it looks like first.  Seems like it has got to be some substantial damage from hitting that hard.  Front forks, front wheel, handlebars, shifters, etc., I don't know.   :(

Bummed for you. I've ruined a great bike years ago running into a ditch. Bent forks, front wheel bars and right at the head tube, the top and down tubes were bent.

Sorry Kzoo...thats British Racing Green (well almost) so that makes the bike fast.

Funny...the bike I bent was a 1972 Raleigh Grand Prix. It was red with black trim. Beautiful bike until I bit that ditch.

Sorry Kzoo...thats British Racing Green (well almost) so that makes the bike fast.

Funny...the bike I bent was a 1972 Raleigh Grand Prix. It was red with black trim. Beautiful bike until I bit that ditch.

I don't care if it's British or African or Kanadian.  Green is green.  Green is slow.  The only way to hurt yourself on a bike like that (aside from not unclipping at a stop) is to have a boulder or tree fall on you as you're plodding down the MUT.

Green is slow.  The only way to hurt yourself on a bike like that (aside from not unclipping at a stop) is to have a boulder or tree fall on you as you're plodding down the MUT.

Or - standing on the pedals, the chain slips, you almost save it but when the front wheel buckles you go over the bars.  That's my embarrassing green bike memory.

That is a nice looking bike, RR.  Hoping that yours looks a whole lot like that one when you get it back.

Actually, the real color is like a British racing green.  That pic is off.  One sad thing is that of my three bikes, that one had never been on the ground before.  It was in perfect, like-new condition before I crashed.   :(

Maybe it will be a story like the wife's bike, a little luck and it will be mostly ok.  I have my fingers crossed for you, how many more weeks before you can get on the bike?

My doctor said as soon as the injuries to my pelvic area allow me to sit on a bike seat, I can start riding again.  I have been riding on my indoor bike, but only for about 40 minutes before the pain stops me.  Also, I have been using a small pillow on top of the bike seat, so I'm pretty sure riding on a real bike seat for any distance is a couple more weeks away.

Additionally, I still have some muscle, ligament, tendon, whatever issues that cause me pain when walking.  I'd like to be at least 80% on the walking thing before I attempt to ride a real bike again.