Are you fussy about where you die?

Wilbur

3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Estimates are that 50-80% of people going on ventilators are dying, anyway. So being inside the building may be a worse omen than the parking lot, where your chances are better (as you’ve not already been deemed critically ill). 

I don't want to die listening to a loud generator powering things.  A regular camping tent would be nice to die in, unless a bear is attacking you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

In 1918 they had a higher survival rate with the patients out in the tents.

Cause they could easily move them outside.  They put patients in the sun for a while, daily.  It's the fresh air and sunshine.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/covid-joseph-brant-blt-construction-pandemic-unit-1.5518090

Apparently the whole new wing of the hospital isn't enough space.  They have built a 93 bed tent for CV-19 patient overflow.  I do not want to die in a parking lot.  

You may fare better in the tents.  It makes me sad that we have to prepare like this.  Our hospital has some tents too and have converted large spaces for the overflow.  My husband will be working the COVID unit soon.  I am concerned and slightly scared.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Cause they could easily move them outside.  They put patients in the sun for a while, daily.  It's the fresh air and sunshine.

You may fare better in the tents.  It makes me sad that we have to prepare like this.  Our hospital has some tents too and have converted large spaces for the overflow.  My husband will be working the COVID unit soon.  I am concerned and slightly scared.

Can he ask to work in tent city?

48 minutes ago, Allen said:

No, not in the parking lot. Not shivering under a space blanket on a cot.

I was born at home I want to die here too. 

Home is a boring place to die.  I would like to be in outer space or a cave or somesuch.

• Awesome 1

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/covid-joseph-brant-blt-construction-pandemic-unit-1.5518090

Apparently the whole new wing of the hospital isn't enough space.  They have built a 93 bed tent for CV-19 patient overflow.  I do not want to die in a parking lot.  

What's wrong with a parking lot?  You are on a cycling forum so most here obviously don't have an issue with dying on a road, a parking lot isn't that much different.

Since dementia has occurred in WoBG’s family and mine, and we live where you can die from hypothermia rather easy here in the middle of the winter.  We figure we will just wander off in the winter, and die in the woods somewhere near our home.  We both agreed that this would be much better than 8 or 9 years of a slow death.

I don't want to die out on the roads riding my bike.   Only 2 or 3 cars passed me yesterday. 

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

When I was flying Air Ambulance 30 years ago, it was 8 times per day in Vancouver alone.  :) 

People pushing.  Drink your water, people.

Eat properly, avoid opiates.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I believe your odds of it are higher, though I am not up to date on the latest statistics.

Covid 19 will be the #1 killer unless we can turn this around.  So sad about that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

That is really old data.  Look at the numbers once Covid reached our shores.  

Can't argue with someone who refuses to look at facts.

Nope, that's why I should log off because no matter what fucking fact and data I provide, you will choose to ignore it.

Should we take this seriously, yes because there are at risk groups and it's important for them, but most people who get this will be FUCKING FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

All data projects a worst case of 3% for those infected and most who actually understand statistics think that number is still high because of the amount of people that has probably had it and had no symptoms or very mild.  The numbers are still nothing to take as a joke, but at the same time, it's far from the fucking end of the world event some are acting like it is.  The only reason we have to have lockdowns and so many fucking rules is because there are to many fucktards that can't use any common sense and act responsible by actually following social distancing rules and then they can become a carrier and accidentally infect someone in a high risk group.

But yes, I'm the one that refuses to look at fucking facts, no matter how many I actually post and state.

I think 3% is hopeful.  More like 10%, because of how ill prepared we are.  Also, most Americans are very unhealthy.  Many of are fat, and that is a co-morbitity.  Also, we eat terrible and that prevents us from being healthy fighters when we become ill.

You are so hostile and angry.  There is no reason for that.  I am merely stating what I see with us not slowing the spread and the numbers.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

I think 3% is hopeful.  More like 10%, because of how ill prepared we are.  Also, most Americans are very unhealthy.  Many of are fat, and that is a co-morbitity.  Also, we eat terrible and that prevents us from being healthy fighters when we become ill.

You are so hostile and angry.  There is no reason for that.  I am merely stating what I see with us not slowing the spread and the numbers.

I'm trapped in my house, I'm being sued for $85k to $300k, and I actually provide statistics and information.  Some of the info is easy to find other info I provide is based from actually talking to people who have inside information (experience pharmaceutical drug researchers and scientist, long time experienced statisticians) and I am constantly told I am wrong because people have a fucking feeling, or current because it is bad right now.  Yes it's going to be bad in the short term because this virus moves fast and seems to hit at once, but the numbers still will be no where close to 10%.

But yes, I have a lot of reason to be fucking mad.  And I didn't sleep at all last night after getting an actual demand letter, even if it was all a complete fucking joke because all I could think about is what I wanted to do to two people and I can guarantee none of it was nice.

• Hugs 1

Just now, Scrapr said:

Indy why don't you go take a walk. You have polluted a couple threads with angry thoughts. Maybe seeing some birds outside or play with your super special kid will help w/perspective

It's fucking raining, and I'd argue I'm the only with fucking perspective.

I'm sorry. Sounds like you are under a lot of stress. Maybe a good meditation. 

I hate to do this. Try losing your everything. The center of your life, your hopes & dreams. Your entire future plans. That is a perspective not rooted in winning the internet. 

It's all just stuff man. Hug those around you

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Scrapr said:

I'm sorry. Sounds like you are under a lot of stress. Maybe a good meditation. 

I hate to do this. Try losing your everything. The center of your life, your hopes & dreams. Your entire future plans. That is a perspective not rooted in winning the internet. 

Based on everything I've read, the lawsuit has no real chance, but yes I am facing that.  A quarter of million dollars means I have nothing, my kids have nothing, I'm out on the fucking street basically.

• Sad 1

Based on everything I've read, the lawsuit has no real chance, but yes I am facing that.  A quarter of million dollars means I have nothing, my kids have nothing, I'm out on the fucking street basically.

odds of that? ,.00001%

Better call saul

one of our drivers hit a cyclist. Lawsuit is for $650k. I haven't been paid in a year. I had to throw in $30k to the business last year. Now Covid might mean another $50-100k. ehh...it's only money

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 2

Just now, Scrapr said:

odds of that? ,.00001%

Better call saul

Yes, but I never take someone threatening my family likely, and I don't think most would.

But with poor weather, plus now on multiple weeks of lockdown, I come here for escape from what is going on with an attempt at some reasonable discussion and that is not possible because people only care about feeding their hysteria or trying push their political opinion behind a thin veil.  At least I don't try to hide who am I, what you see is what you get.

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Welcome to Oregon.  It's not so bad.  Jacket, and hat.  

I don't believe that, I've been to Oregon several times and it's always been sunny and beautiful the entire time I've been there.  Just absolutely perfect weather everytime, now Arizona, that is a wet rainy mess from my experience.  :wacko:

• Haha 1

I don't believe that, I've been to Oregon several times and it's always been sunny and beautiful the entire time I've been there.  Just absolutely perfect weather everytime, now Arizona, that is a wet rainy mess from my experience.  :wacko:

Sounds like some of my exoensive ski vacations.  No snow or crappy rain.

I had an epic time once, in Canada.  Hip deep fresh power.  I want a rewind to that day.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Sounds like some of my exoensive ski vacations.  No snow or crappy rain.

I had an epic time once, in Canada.  Hip deep fresh power.  I want a rewind to that day.

I don't want to rewind, that means 2020 is in the future and I want this year over.  For me, it's literally has become a case of what is going to go fucking wrong next now and I am just about at the breaking point.  Only good thing, I don't have to worry about starving as I have access to multiple freezer full, of course I don't want to do that for fear of making my parents sick and losing them, couldn't live with myself if I was the cause.

I don't care where I die. Sitting on the couch with a beer in my hand and Johnny Cash on the turntable would work just fine.

It has snowed every day this week here. Twice I have gone for a road ride and been caught in the snow with temps below 20F. Today looks good.

Listen up people. Scrapr is the voice of reason. 

Pedal further.

• Awesome 1