These people scare me

Chris...

Insane and stupid. 

1 hour ago, Further said:

There is a kid at work who breaks all the rules. He see's 2% mortality as "thinning the herd" and acceptable.

I told him the other day that he should be locked up. 

He doesn't care if his parents die?  His Grandparents?  Horrible human being, IMHO.

• Heart 1

52 minutes ago, dennis said:

I like the idea of churches going to drive in service. I heard one this morning talking about doing communion online. Grab a cracker and beverage of your choice. The pastor said he would have a Dorito and grape soda for his. 

https://www.npr.org/2014/03/03/285278319/roadside-service-drive-in-church-brings-god-to-your-car

drive-in-church_wide-2f1d5c69f8831214454135f834df09d6420b97d1-s800-c85.jpg

That seems a lot more reasonable than packing in like sardines, even if you are "covered in Jesus's blood" like that ignorant church-goer in the video.

My Mom was a regular church goer and it bothered her when she was older and didn't feel it was safe to go out during bad winter weather.  But we helped her find a variety of church services on tv and that really helped her feel connected.  If she knew how to use a computer there would have been endless options for interactive services or streaming from all around the world. 

There is no need to risk public health and safety.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I almost had an accident from laughing so hard at a bumper sticker I saw a few years back: "Born ok the first time."

If these people could put together a biblical reference that would justify these claims, I could understand their taking their position.  Or if EVERYONE who was totally religiously faithful never had a serious illness, I could understand.  But I have no respect for someone who can quote or put spins on a few choice phrases from a religious text but knows very little about the test as a whole.

I'm not religious - a "supposed to be Catholic" - but I am extremely well read and studied in both the Old and New Testaments.  I know people who are "born again" and they will tell of things to come because of some spin on a Biblical quote.  I'll then ask them about other Biblical quotes and get a blank stare: they don't have a clue what I'm talking about because they never studied the Bible!

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, Airehead said:

We have a zoom choice. Bunch of quiet quakers sitting around with each other. 

I don't know if you intend this to be funny or not but I find it such. It is my recollection that Quakers sit together in silence to allow the Spirit to move among them. The concept of involving Zoom in this situation strikes me as funny.

My BIL and his church use Zoom for their services. He says it is odd because the auditorium is empty except for the speaker's wife. The speaker's eyes are focused on the only person in the audience.