And because I'm not fucking stressed enough

Indy

The unintended consequences I was afraid of with stores limiting the number of people in the store are coming true.

There are reports of stores shelves emptying out as people again start hoarding.  To try to avoid the disaster we tried online and pickup option, they are now booked out a week in advance, so guess it's off to the grocery to see what fucking food I can get for the week again.

GOD I HATE STUPID IRRATIONAL PEOPLE.  I am really about to fucking lose my shit.

Wish me luck as in my current mood, I can't guarantee I will not deck someone, but off to the grocery I am going.

• Hugs 2

You are too damned sensitive to this stuff, you know.  :whistle:  :P  You are also too damned correct about it, too. 

Limiting the number of hours a store is open and limiting the number of people who can get in is going to spark hoarding from people that just don't want to go through the pain in the ass of standing outside for 40 minutes waiting to get into a grocery.  They will now certainly over-buy just so they won't have to do it again.

Almost all New Yorkers who cook for themselves go to the store every couple of days, and I always tried to avoid the pain in the butt times when the crowds are thickest.  Now that they compress the window and the numbers, you are GUARANTEED panic buying so you don't get shut out later.

Stupid as hell, it is.

We just went, grocery shopping.  Paper goods still gone and a lot of frozen veggies but canned & dried goods better.  Not fully stocked but better.  I was able to get what I needed.  

I also make a Walmart run every couple of weeks right as they open for TP & other paper goods. Easy enough as it’s close to work.

I was thinking of going to Walmart Friday to get dishwasher detergent (in case I ever use it), a plastic lemon juice container, softer combs and a brush, etc. but decided I don't really need them now.

I guess there will be a run of Walmart stuff now that they are limiting customers.  As I noted a week or more ago, Walmart was one of the worst places for social distancing I've shopped in and I understand their reaction.

I need very little in terms of food but I think my chances of catching COVID-19 in early April will be much less than in later April because I think that's when the number of active cases will peak.  So I'm going to do may grocery shopping sooner than later.

• Heart 1

We added all our stuff to our WHole Foods cart and then tried to order.  Only two days came up, today or tomorrow.  Neither we available.  We went to the store.  They were limiting the number of people, but when we went (noon), we walked right in.  They had most everything except TP, none of that.  Also, the self serve stuff has all been removed, but I think they did that pretty early on.

Hopefully deliveries will get better.

6 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I actually was just over topping my concern that he doesn't go out angry with a bunch of idiots and gun in hand. 

I understand brother, and appreciate your concern.  But, I've just personally known Indy for a long time.  He's not going to mow down a family of four from Walmart unless it's absolutely necessary.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

Why keep his gun at home?  He might need it to protect himself. 

Indy might talk a big game in his rants but he's a level headed guy in real life.   

Thanks man, I try, but my tolerance is getting worn pretty thin.  As for guns, I have one in the house, the rest are actually over 100 miles away.  What's the point of keeping guns where I can't use them, far better to keep them where I can and if family members want to grab one to hunt, knock themselves out.

Got lucky, I drive past two groceries to go to a smaller town with three big grocery stores with in a couple blocks of each other.  The stores I went past were packed and I've heard selection in them are thin, where I usually go was actually improved from even last time, though the ground beef was a little thinner, everything else was better stocked.  Still no TP though.

Nothing stresses me out more than not being able to provide for my family and I am dealing with two things at the same time that both affect my ability to do that.  Work stress doesn't bother me, I work well under stress.  Personal stress though is an entirely different story and I don't deal well with it.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Nah.  I actually was just over topping my concern that he doesn't go out angry with a bunch of idiots and gun in hand.  I think that's probably good advice.  But the underlying message was be safe.

Punching someone is far more satisfying, I'm old school.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

See what I mean @Dottles.  Indy isn't going to just wack a guy with Mr. 9mm.  

:)

Plus, I don't have a 9.  :P

I've had a concealed permit for ever, but have never carried.  There is times I think about it, but the issue is, I wouldn't want to pull it unless someone else did first and by then it's usually to late.  My first thoughts is more grab something to beat someone with, and I can say for a fact, that doesn't change when someone pulls a gun on me.  Yes, it's happened once in a road rage incident that I never did understand why they guy was so pissed.

39 minutes ago, Indy said:

The stores I went past were packed and I've heard selection in them are thin, where I usually go was actually improved from even last time, though the ground beef was a little thinner, everything else was better stocked. 

I’ve found the stores to be fairly empty of people and stocked with all the things I need. It’s actually been easier shopping over the past two weeks, tbh.

Amazon, who usually delivers my paper towels, toilet paper and cat food/litter, has not been so wonderful.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Thinking about this.  So, we are limiting our runs to the store.  So we need a little more than we would buy normally.  Multiply that by the population.  People are shopping for a month, not two days or a week.  

Hoarding looks like preparing.

Our supply chain was built on smaller less frequent trips to the store.  They are not set up to handle people buying 4 to 8 times what they would normally buy.   It is selfish for people to buy all they can instead of what they need. 

Many only have the ability to buy when they get paid and cannot "prepare" by buying food for a month or two.

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

As a result, most people mistook it for a .45 and thought Quentin screwed up the line. He’s too obsessive to screw up a line.

Yea, I've researched it a bit in the past.  The exit hole where the pew pew thing comes out, looks to be ACP .45 in this picture.  But, I can't find a high quality picture at the moment.

Either way, I don't really care.  It's a classic line of many, from a classic movie that defined a generation.

9mm.jpg

And yes, I did finally contact a law firm, though my message probably came across rather desperate, oh well.  No, I am not dealing well with everything going.

42 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

Yea, I've researched it a bit in the past.  The exit hole where the pew pew thing comes out, looks to be ACP .45 in this picture.  But, I can't find a high quality picture at the moment.

Either way, I don't really care.  It's a classic line of many, from a classic movie that defined a generation.

9mm.jpg

Here is 9 vs 45

image.jpeg.b0f244803dd00a2094ae58f73e6a8da8.jpeg
image.thumb.png.137acd51949add840e22032378140ef7.png
and here is a close up of Jules gun.  I would say 9