Positive thread, recycle reuse ideas

Dirtyhip

We are doing a garden this year, and I have been getting starts together.  I am limited in the amount of starter pots, so I am getting crafty.

I save the cardboard rolls from my TP, and use those for starts.  You need some kind of a plastic bin to hold them upright.  I have this old tupperware bread container that I never use for bread.  That will work.

Also, I keep any plastic round container for the same purpose. @shootingstar, bring me those darn yogurt tubs you are hoarding.  LOL  

Anyway, I am finding use of the items that were placed into my recycle bin.  Dumpster diving isn;t so bad when it is my dumpster.  Also, I cut the growth end off my green onions and plant those.  That should help me out with green onions.

Victory garden 2020!  Spaghetti squash, lettuce, kale, beets, peas and bush beans.  Trying to keep it simple.

I am hoping we will be victorious in this fight for health and safety.

:wub:

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Also, I keep any plastic round container for the same purpose. @shootingstar, bring me those darn yogurt tubs you are hoarding.  LOL  

Anyway, I am finding use of the items that were placed into my recycle bin.  Dumpster diving isn;t so bad when it is my dumpster.  Also, I cut the growth end off my green onions and plant those.  That should help me out with green onions.

Victory garden 2020!  Spaghetti squash, lettuce, kale, beets, peas and bush beans.  Trying to keep it simple.

:wub:

Hey DH, I would love to unload some perfectly clean wonderful square large yogurt tubs for you. They keep piling up.  I was going to see if our recreational centres would have use..but we've closed all of them temporarily across the city. :( 

They would be great for storing gardening supplies, detergent, certain foods with no lid on top, etc.  Just endless uses.

A place for my cleaning household scrubbers, my acrylic art paint tubes,  bike rags/grease tubes, etc.

https://www.olympicdairy.com/product/organic-en/plain-2-1-75kg

6 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I'll send you my address for my weekly CSA delivery! This will be great!  A bread option would be nice as well.

18 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Hey DH, I would love to unload some perfectly clean wonderful square large yogurt tubs for you. They keep piling up.  I was going to see if our recreational centres would have use..but we've closed all of them temporarily across the city. :( 

They would be great for storing gardening supplies, detergent, certain foods with no lid on top, etc.  Just endless uses.

A place for my cleaning household scrubbers, my acrylic art paint tubes,  bike rags/grease tubes, etc.

https://www.olympicdairy.com/product/organic-en/plain-2-1-75kg

Those look nice.  Now, you are just showing off about your hoard.  :D ;)

14 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I'll send you my address for my weekly CSA delivery! This will be great!  A bread option would be nice as well.

Seriously, I could sell my oat buns.  They are yummy.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Neither does Mystic though so you may as well..  :) 

That place isn't good?  Can you eat any pizza outside of Naples, without distaste?  Honest question.

It's like, once you have had really good food, the rest disappoints.

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

That place isn't good?  Can you eat any pizza outside of Naples, without distaste?  Honest question.

It's like, once you have had really good food, the rest disappoints.

We overdo everything about Pizza on this side of the Atlantic.   Too big, often too much crust, too much sauce, too much cheese, too many toppings.  Naples pizza, as you know, is much better balanced.   I had exceptional pizza in Moscow at the Akedemya restaurant.  Probably one of the best ever.  

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

We overdo everything about Pizza on this side of the Atlantic.   Too big, often too much crust, too much sauce, too much cheese, too many toppings.  Naples pizza, as you know, is much better balanced.   I had exceptional pizza in Moscow at the Akedemya restaurant.  Probably one of the best ever.  

Subtlety can be nice!  There sure is a wide variation in pizza. Me wife’s homemade ones are usually very very good. 

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Interesting.  

The last one I made was probably the best thus far.  The crust was very thin.  It was long rise.  I did have a lot of veg toppings though.  It was not just basil, cheese and sauce.  

I am really trying to perfect my recipe, and I am certain that Naples pizza would easily destroy mine.  Our food is good, but no way the best.  It can always be improved upon.  

Too big, is there such a thing?  LOL

The best pizza I have ever had was from a place called Speciality Pizza in Orlando.  It was thin cracker like crust with everythig including anchovies.  Every now and then when I got the urge I would have one delivered to my Residence Inn apartment.  Thin crust has one disadvantage however.......it doesn't fill you up fast enough so I tended to eat the whole thing in one sitting.

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Interesting.  

The last one I made was probably the best thus far.  The crust was very thin.  It was long rise.  I did have a lot of veg toppings though.  It was not just basil, cheese and sauce.  

I am really trying to perfect my recipe, and I am certain that Naples pizza would easily destroy mine.  Our food is good, but no way the best.  It can always be improved upon.  

Too big, is there such a thing?  LOL

We have a pizza place in my town that imports their flour, salt, sauce and water for their pizza from Naples.  It is really authentic flavour but the crust is more like Genoan, which is about 1/2 inch thick. 

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

There was an Italian place here that made what they called 'tomato bread' for an appetizer. It was pizza crust with olive oil, garlic, sliced tomatoes, and mozzarella.

It was sparse, and better than their pizza's...    

• Heart 1