Someone was shooting on my land

Allen

Worse case for me, was when we were renting a place in South Dakota.  Was out in the dry lot and heard these weird sounds, with a zing. Finally realized someone was shooting in the adjacent cornfield, and the bullets were whizzing through our drylot.  They drove away quickly as I roared out of the drive way in our vehicle. We had all types of fools shoot at pheasants in our pasture in Oregon, even with sheep in the pasture.  One fellow was even instructing his young son how to rest his shotgun on the fence post for support.  Needless to say, they were more than shocked when I roared up on my tractor from behind a big hay stack.  I have been lucky to not been shot in some of my confrontations.  Game wardens gave my wife a lecture on not chasing some of these folks(into their driveways), so she just started taking their photos.  Good Luck with your problem.

• Awesome 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

When I was young and these things happened I just shot back.  Fools usually need a lesson in backdrops for shots........or the unintended consequences of missing what you are shooting at.

We were safe as kids target shooting with a dug oot mountain backdrop, until we decided to shoot a spent propane cylinder, dangit!  Spoiler, it was snot totally spent!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

When I was young and these things happened I just shot back.  Fools usually need a lesson in backdrops for shots........or the unintended consequences of missing what you are shooting at.

There was an abandoned chalk quarry a mile from our community through a thick woods and there were 20 foot high walls of chalk where they had stopped digging. That's where we went for target practice with 22's.  Several of us - around age 12 - 15, would walk a mile with our rifles in soft cases to Sears to but 22 shorts. This was around 1963 and no one thought anything unusual about it.  We then walked back and to the chalk quarry.