So grocery shopping - now or later?

Ralphie

Now there should be less cooties in public but there is a chance of getting them.

Later you would think it would be worse.

Our freezer and pantry are well stocked but we are oot of milk, bread, low on veggies, froot, eggs, etc.

My wife doesn't like the delivery option.

And there is really not much of an end in sight.

China is showing a totally flat curve for cases, but I think we are pretty agreed that is a lie, and even if true, it is snot going down.  I think Korea may be the place to watch, although our gubment says we are most like Italy :(

• Heart 1

Even though most people are working from home, I've found that the weekdays are significantly less busy at the grocery stores than the weekends.  There were lines (small, but lines) at the store when I drove by today and mid-day on weekdays it's pretty empty.

• Awesome 1

I am trying to stay home all day today! I have the option of the LGS by work..they are near empty some days..I just know that next Sunday many store will be closed...so I need to plan accordingly.

I may not shop tomorrow either. I am realizing as much as I cook at home..I do eat out too...:whistle:

• Heart 1

Just now, petitepedal said:

I am trying to stay home all day today! I have the option of the LGS by work..they are near empty some days..I just know that next Sunday many store will be closed...so I need to plan accordingly.

I may not shop tomorrow either. I am realizing as much as I cook at home..I do eat out too...:whistle:

Can you still eat out near you?  And do you trust the food prep people?

We shopped on Tuesday.  Unlikely we will go back more often than once a week.  The small market has become the place of choice even though the prices are significantly higher.  Pizza was delivered last night.  I did sneak out for curbside delivery at a local hardware store this morning but I never got out of the car.  A herd of masked men loaded the stuff into the back of the car.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

China is showing a totally flat curve for cases, but I think we are pretty agreed that is a lie, and even if true, it is snot going down.  I think Korea may be the place to watch, although our gubment says we are most like Italy :(

Almost every other advanced nation is showing a decrease in new cases, possibly because they began preparing for it long before the USA did.  Check out this webpage:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

click on "Daily Cases" under the graph on the right, and then start clicking on the list of countries. You'll see that almost every country has dropped below it's peak except for nations including the USA, Romania, Indonesia, Algeria, and Egypt.

The Gov. of New York expects the "Apex" of cases to hit there within the next 10 days. There's a good chance the number of new cases will begin to drop substantially during the last half of April.  So I'm hoping that, with some minor shopping next week, I'm good for the month and then things will start getting better.

I've been saying for a couple weeks that shopping while numbers are low is a very good idea and it's why I went on my "now I'm officially a hoarder" spree a week ago.

7 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Almost every other advanced nation is showing a decrease in new cases, possibly because they began preparing for it long before the USA did.  Check out this webpage:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

click on "Daily Cases" under the graph on the right, and then start clicking on the list of countries. You'll see that almost every country has dropped below it's peak except for nations including the USA, Romania, Indonesia, Algeria, and Egypt.

The Gov. of New York expects the "Apex" of cases to hit there within the next 10 days. There's a good chance the number of new cases will begin to drop substantially during the last half of April.  So I'm hoping that, with some minor shopping next week, I'm good for the month and then things will start getting better.

I've been saying for a couple weeks that shopping while numbers are low is a very good idea and it's why I went on my "now I'm officially a hoarder" spree a week ago.

Maryland is not expected to peak until around May 1. Wyoming is about the same. 

New Jersey should peak soon @RalphWaldoMooseworth

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

I went to the store tonight at 9:00 pm. There was one other car in the lot. The store was fully stocked.