What is/was for dinner?

Airehead

Pork Tenderloin from January’s meet raffle. With Asparagus and boilt potatoes. 

Im still mad at BuffCarla’s co-worker who was very clearly sick with the flu at our table at the food raffle. She was opening bags of food and passing them around. She couldn’t get anyone to use her ticket and didn’t want it going to waste. 

When this is all over, people will be much more germophobic. 

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Pork Tenderloin from January’s meet raffle. With Asparagus and boilt potatoes. 

Im still mad at BuffCarla’s co-worker who was very clearly sick with the flu at our table at the food raffle. She was opening bags of food and passing them around. She couldn’t get anyone to use her ticket and didn’t want it going to waste. 

When this is all over, people will be much more germophobic. 

After easing the first part I was going to ask if you were glad you went to the meat raffle. Then I read the second part. 🥺

• Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

@Dirtyhip might be better to go sooner than later to store. When is it supper to peakin your area?

Not sure. I think beginning of May.  Hubby isn't letting me go.  He is the hunter gatherer, unless we both fall ill, then I may ask friends to get food. Likely, he is going out next week.  Our fresh items are getting slim. Not having fresh foods is a bummer for me.  

• Heart 1

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I would a never thought of salsa on haddock!  That is aboot my favourite fish too.

I tried it before and liked it a lot so I tried it again and it was very good!  I don't have any lemon juice, I don't have any of the creamy or cheesy frozen potatoes, etc. I usually have with fish while trying to avoid tartar sauce or other higher-calorie stuff as a condiment.

Last year, I saw a recipe for fish cacciatore - with tomatoes, onions, etc.  I tried it, didn't particularly like it, then thought, "A little salsa on it would make it taste better!"

Then, DUH, it occurred to me to just put salsa on it!

I think it's great, but then again I love a good, chunky salsa (Aldi's is 24 oz for $1.19 and makes Tostitos, Pace, etc. look like purees) and I put salsa on breakfast bowls, meatloaf, and lots of things.