Told doc-sis there's gun salute every evening for health care workers

shootingstar

The salute is from Vancouver.

she was inquiring about dearie and his heart stent.  She's busy starting her commute to the drive hospital tonight.  She does 12 hr. shifts 3 days in a row.  It's not a bad way, especially with 2 kids.  But she joked to me ages ago that night shifts tends to shorten a person's lifespan.

• Heart 1

They've been showing clips on the local news of the fire trucks and police saluting the health care workers.  One hospital had a parade of police cars drive by with one of them loudly playing New York, New York.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

The salute is from Vancouver.

she was inquiring about dearie and his heart stent.  She's busy starting her commute to the drive hospital tonight.  She does 12 hr. shifts 3 days in a row.  It's not a bad way, especially with 2 kids.  But she joked to me ages ago that night shifts tends to shorten a person's lifespan.

In addition to the 9 o'clock gun? 

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

In addition to the 9 o'clock gun? 

Vancouver decided to reschedule that 9:00 pm to 7:00 pm instead..to join with the apartment/condo buildings all over the downtown area cheering and whistling. Yea, we hear all that all around over the waterfront.

Makes people appreciative and happy/positive.

2 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Vancouver decided to reschedule that 9:00 pm to 7:00 pm instead..to join with the apartment/condo buildings all over the downtown area cheering and whistling. Yea, we hear all that all around over the waterfront.

Makes people appreciative and happy/positive.

I lived in Coal Harbour for several years.   I heard it!   Actually, growing up in North Burnaby you could hear it.  The Shell refinery used it for shift change.  

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I lived in Coal Harbour for several years.   I heard it!   Actually, growing up in North Burnaby you could hear it.  The Shell refinery used it for shift change.  

You know, I never paid attention to it when I did lived here full-time...  and am closer than North Burnaby. Coal Harbour must have been different..before the condo boom?

15 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

You know, I never paid attention to it when I did lived here full-time...  and am closer than North Burnaby. Coal Harbour must have been different..before the condo boom?

I lived aboard a sailboat at the Bayshore.    The city was a lot quieter when I grew up in Burnaby.  I doubt you can hear it there any more.