I ventured out to run some errands today and my wife had a brilliant idea

Dottleshead

I used the mask they gave me the day they told me to quarantine when I went to the grocery today. I felt weird at first, but several others were wearing them as well. Given the spike of cases in our area, I think they will be the norm, at least when shopping, very soon. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

Yeah, it's not bulletproof for sure but it greatly improves your odds.  This is all about odds.  It's why I keep my distance from others -- to improve my odds.  It's why I wear gloves and take them off in particular way to reduce my odds.  It's why I stay home 6+ days a week so I can improve my odds. It's why I use sterilizers and wash my hands frequently -- so I can improve my odds.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

I'm not so sure.  I'm guessing finding a ventilator may be an issue.

He said, look this one is scared. He’s masked up like Batman. Then he pulled his shirt that was already open to his belly over his head and said, let me back away, as he waved his porcine hands. 

No way he doesn’t take a ventilator from someone more worthy. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Allen said:

He said, look this one is scared. He’s masked up like Batman. Then he pulled his shirt that was already open to his belly over his head and said, let me back away, as he waved his porcine hands. 

No way he doesn’t take a ventilator from someone more worthy. 

Let's just see what kind of tough guy he is when he's on his way out to a coffin.

• Heart 1

Note that the mask works to protect you for only about 10 minutes and the reason they're recommending wearing masks is to protect others from you, who may be asymptomatic and not know you have the virus.

I have one from my visit to the doctor's office Monday (sinus inflammation) but I'll have to practice wearing it before I go out because when I exhale so air is coming up under my glasses and fogging them and you make things more dangerous for yourself if you touch the gloves with your hands as you are out and about.

8 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I thought viruses were very microscopic.  It is pretty amazing that a mask can filter them oot.

8 hours ago, Further said:

The mask catches the droplet that the viruses is riding on.

6 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Note that the mask works to protect you for only about 10 minutes and the reason they're recommending wearing masks is to protect others from you, who may be asymptomatic and not know you have the virus.

I have one from my visit to the doctor's office Monday (sinus inflammation) but I'll have to practice wearing it before I go out because when I exhale so air is coming up under my glasses and fogging them and you make things more dangerous for yourself if you touch the gloves with your hands as you are out and about.

Yep, and if you don't use them properly the could be a horrible transmitter. This is a good article.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/04/03/826996154/coronavirus-faqs-is-a-homemade-mask-effective-and-whats-the-best-way-to-wear-one?utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR083jJF3Y0xWESjpM7dQLQC0PwW5cv8QPKy3TBIbHevoPGdh1T_XNbPCTw