And now to think about Sunday dinner.

Airehead

I am simmering some smoked turkey necks (no ham hocks so trying these) for pea soup.  I’m also going to experiment with some chicken with a coconut milk, shrimp paste & lemongrass sauce.  I’m also making Nasi Kuning (yellow rice) to go with it. 

It’s a lot of food but we have family dinner and I share my soup with my neighbor. And what the hell else to do.  Was going to ride but it’s pouring....

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

If you have turkey necks maybe you should wear a sweater and no one will notice.

We had this dude in my Platoon who had a long skinny neck.  He was initially turkey neck but “neck bone” just stuck. He hated it too which helped it stick.

Your post made me think of ole “neck bone”!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I have 9 oz leftover of that baked Haddock I had for dinner yesterday.  I also have about 6 oz. of Bush's Grillin' Beans from a 22 oz. can I've been adding to dishes and keeping sealed in it's can with Glad Press N Seal.  I think I'll make a package of Knorr Fried Rice and finish off the fish and beans with it.

I also haven't had pizza for weeks and I've got two decent frozen Red Baron pizzas.  But the idea of finishing up leftovers appeals to me.

• Heart 1

Mmmmm.  We were right about the experimental kielbasa dish.

1 lb kielbasa (the good stuff, not Hillshire farms) lightly grilled to just mark the skin. then sliced into bite sized bits

Cubed potatoes

Chopped broccoli

3 cloves garlic

Italian seasoning

spices to taste......peppers if you wish and or other veggies laying around.  It's very much a roll your own loosely based on various recipes read on the interwebs.

Bake on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.

I had a splash of hot spiced mustard on the side of my plate to dip in as well.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I have 9 oz leftover of that baked Haddock I had for dinner yesterday.  I also have about 6 oz. of Bush's Grillin' Beans from a 22 oz. can I've been adding to dishes and keeping sealed in it's can with Glad Press N Seal.  I think I'll make a package of Knorr Fried Rice and finish off the fish and beans with it.

I also haven't had pizza for weeks and I've got two decent frozen Red Baron pizzas.  But the idea of finishing up leftovers appeals to me.

Definitely don’t waste food

I made meatloaf yesterday and it was delicious.

Given that this is a crisis situation and that "Loose lips sink ships" I have to make sure this doesn't get around. I don't want armed mobs breaking in here......I'm an old person and vulnerable.